Prologue

Narrator POV

Screams raked through the night, screams of pain and hatred. They came from a warehouse on the outskirts of Atlas. Inside were three people, pacing around the room stuck in his own thoughts was the nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick. He stood at six foot with bright orange hair wearing a white coat and a black bowler hat with a cane in his hand, his green eyes furrowed in concentration. Standing in the corner leaning against the wall a teen with greyish brown hair, amber eyes set in a mocking glare and a long brown tail poking over his black cargo pants. The third was the source of the screaming. A very short young boy with short white hair and eyes covered by a black bandanna. He was chained to a metal chair with a collar around his neck, every few seconds the collar would give the boy a strong electric shock, each more powerful than the last. Eventually Roman stopped pacing and looked at the teen before speaking.

Roman: "Will you please turn that off!? We are trying to be discreate."

???: "Fine."

He walked to the boy while rolling his eyes, and roughly ripped the collar off his neck, leaving a large red mark on his throat. Roman sighed before walking out of the small room where his prisoner was being kept. The teen once again turned to the boy before removing the blindfold revealing shining blue eyes stained with tears.

???: "Hello there~ Little Schnee shit."

The boy took a second to regain his breath before replying in a tone of false confidence.

Boy: "I have a name. I'd prefer you use it."

The teen scoffed before punching him in the face.

???: "Well then, as we'll be seeing each other a lot, we may as well introduce ourselves. My names Ajax."

Boy: "Y/n. But you already knew that didn't you Hoppy?"

Ajax leant up and grabbed a toolbox off a table in the room.

Ajax: "I've been in this business for a while now. The one thing that never survives is a sense of humour. And with you its personal."

Y/n grinned with some blood coming from his mouth from Ajax punch.

Y/n: "Whys that? You scared all the lady's will flock to me to get away from your ugly mug? Or, is it all the guys?"

A small knife was thrown into Y/n's shoulder as he grunted in pain. Ajax walked back to him holding a riding crop and a pair of plyers. He pulled up the crop and swung it at Y/n's thigh, the force cut his leg as a thin trail of blood hit the floor. Once again, the only indication the boy gave that he was hit was a flinch and slight grunt.

Ajax: "Ahh~ Where's that pretty little scream from earlier~ It was music to my ears. But oh well, I have a better idea, why don't we play an educational game? You count down from one thousand in intervals of seven. Get it right then I might not hit you. Get it wrong or refuse to play, and I'll tear your nails right off your hands. So tell me, what's 1000 minus 7?"

Y/n was silent.

Ajax: "Well, I did warn you."

He put the pliers to Y/n's right pinkie finger. They both locked eyes, y/n was silently daring him to do it. In one swift movement the nail was removed as blood sprayed outwards.

Ajax: "Still trying to play the tough guy huh? That'll change quickly."

Timeskip

Hours had passed. All of Y/n nails had been ripped off, he didn't react. Eventually Ajax had to get creative and inventive with his methods. He had stuck Y/n's nails into his arms and chest before forcefully dragging them through his skin, he didn't react. All his fingers were bent backwards to snapping. Entire books worths of words were carved into his skin. After five hours, Y/n hadn't said another word. Ajax sighed before punching him in the face again and leaving. Y/n let a grimace flash over his face as he sat alone in the room, unable to fall asleep for the dirty tools still left in his body.