Chapter 2: First day

Narrator POV

Y/n cracked his neck before turning shard back into a revolver and holstering it on his left thigh. Only now that he was standing in the courtyard did he really grasp the magnitude of the school, the damn thing was just unnecessarily large. From what he'd heard of admission rates the school would have nowhere near enough students to fill this space.

He looked around, everyone there was staring at him. He shrugged as though he hadn't just frozen a giant wave and started walking around, he was only here to get more info on Torchwick from the school and then he'd be on the first bullhead out.

After a staggering three minutes from the last bullheads dropping off students, a loud explosion sounded from the other side of the yard. Looking at it, there was also massive icicles and arcs of lightning filling the air.

Y/n: "Huh, an explosion of ice. Don't see those often."

He wandered towards it, curious as to what had caused the second most interesting event of the day. As he got closer, he heard a high pitch voice yelling.

???: "This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!"

The person screaming a short girl wearing elegant combat clothes and a rapier on their hip. Taking another few steps, Y/n recognised the logo on their back. The ornate Schnee snowflake was an incredibly memorable icon, especially for him.

Y/n: "Shit."

He realised that the yelling girl could only be his twin sister, Weiss. Her snow-white hair was tied into a side ponytail and kept in place by a tiara, bit egotistical in Y/n's opinion but he wasn't surprised. Her white jacket ended at her waist and had a high collar adorned by snowflake like patterns and a red interior. The dress she wore ended at her mid thighs and had the same pattern and colour to it as her jacket. She also had high heeled boots that Y/n guessed added about three inches to her hight.

The girl she was yelling at was the one Y/n helped at the store last week. And she looked like a scared puppy under the wrath of his sister.

Ruby: "I'm really sorry."

Weiss: "You complete dolt! What're you even doing here, aren't you a little young to attend Beacon"

Ruby stuttered, but Weiss didn't let her get a word in, nothing's changed much since her childhood there. While Y/n probably should have stepped in here, he hadn't seen his sister in like... several years and he was pretty happy with that, so he just watched.

Weiss: "This isn't your ordinary combat school; it's not just sparring and practice you know. We're here to fight monsters so watch where you're going."

Ruby: "Hey, I said I was sorry princess."

Another voice spoke up from right next to Y/n.

???: "Its heiress actually. Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee dust company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world."

Weiss and Ruby turned to look at the girl, somehow neither of them seemed to have noticed him yet. The girl who had spoken was about an inch taller than him, not including the large black bow on the top of her long raven hair, she had sharp amber eyes and fair skin. She wore a white sleeveless shirt with a black buttoned vest over it. She had white shorts over black stockings that faded to purple before being covered by black buckled boots. There was a weird ribbon thing over her right forearm.

Weiss: "Finally, some recognition."

???: "The same company infamous for its controversial labour forces and questionable business partners"