⚕️Medicine⚕️

Lan Zhan's POV:

"Gavin, cancel all my appointments for tomorrow." Resting my head against the car window I sigh and close my eyes, smiling at the sweet face in front of me, Dr. Wei.

Wei Wuxian.

"Boss?"

"Hm?"

"What happened to you?" He enquires and I knew it's time for me to narrate the entire story. By now my brother and Uncle would be impatient to hear from me as well.

"My date did not turn up, so on my way back home it started raining and as we're all aware that first rains of season is bound to cause some mishaps, to cut long story short, after talking to you, we met with an accident. In the end I was safe with just a dislocated shoulder and two broken ribs, but it was my driver who succumbed to serious injuries."

"Boss-"

"Gavin, Uncle and Brother are going to ask you about me, remember this is what you're supposed to say, 'Boss is alright. He'll meet you two this weekend at Lan Mansion', copy?"

With a sigh he reluctantly agrees, "Fine. I'll replay your words, but there is something that is intriguing me."

"What is that?" I knew what he wanted to ask.

"Dr. Wei, what's going on between you two? Date? Breakfast? Wangji, I have known you for years now. As your best friend and assistant, tell me the truth. Now!"

Smiling at this authoritative words I confess, "There is something about him that makes my heart beat." Turning to look at Gavin, I watch the passing streetlights illuminating his face, "He's like a medicine to my bruised soul. He makes me want to breathe." Watching him gasp subtly makes me smile wider and chuckle, "Now do you get it? I want him in my life."

"Boss, I'll make sure you're entire week is free. You get that man of yours!" Giving me a thumbs up he continues, "Do you want me to run a background check on him?"

"No, I want him to feel comfortable enough to share his life with me. I'll wait. It reminds me of a quote I wrote long ago."

"What's that?" Gavin's voice was now uber soft.

"To learn about someone is like opening a present. Each layer gives you a new anticipation. Learning about Wei Wuxian for me is like opening a present. I wish to learn about him forever."

"Seems you're already falling in love boss!" At his comment I remain quiet. Maybe that date not showing up was fruitful afterall.

 Maybe that date not showing up was fruitful afterall

Because I am unable to drive, it was my driver Mr. Tee who made himself available to bring me back to the hospital at 4am and wait patiently for Wei Wuxian.

Yes, I am early. Wouldn't want to miss my date with him.

Watching sun rise, hues of pink painting the sky and eventually becoming bright and hot makes me realise that it is way past 5am. Closing my laptop and turning my face back to entrance of the hospital, I exit the car and stretch my legs, when my gaze finds the man who has been haunting all my thoughts and my breathing falters.