⚕️Breathe⚕️

Lan Wangji's POV:

Take a deep breath Wangji. You can do this!
Knocking at his door I quickly glance at my wrist watch. Perfect. A minute early than the estimated time!

What a goof! Should I turn back and - just then the door opens and my heartbeat accelerates. Sporting the biggest smile, Wei Wuxian greets me at the door and all I could do was stare at his flour smeared face, dirty apron, cargo shorts so frayed at the ends and him being barefoot. Swooning over his cinnamon filled scent that allures me towards him, his voice shakes me put from stupor.

"Hey! Just on time." Reciprocating his smile I am about to speak when a small hand clings on to his waist and two grey orbs peer back at me.

Sora.

Patting her hair Wei Wuxian encourages the kid, "Munchkin, this is Lan Wangji. He's appa's friend, who is going to cook dinner for us." Yeah thanks. "What would you say?"

"Hello..." Her singsong voice reminds me of the chime dad gifted mom. It was so special.

Crouching to her level I smile kindly, "Hello." Is there something more I should say?

"Come on in." Lifting Sora in his arms easily, Wei Wuxian gestures me in and I follow the duo into their warm house. 

(Imagining Wei Wuxian and Sora to be living in this cute house

(Imagining Wei Wuxian and Sora to be living in this cute house.)

To say that the kitchen is messy would be an understatement. It's like a tornedo just sweeped in and destroyed every single thing. Placing grocery bag on the counter I eye the kid in front of me. She too like her Appa is covered in flour and without much thought, bringing out a kerchief from my pockets, showing them to her I ask gently, "May I?"

A moment later she nods shyly and I tenderly wipe her nose, chin and cheeks. Her eyes are steady on me and once I'm done, I look up at Wei Wuxian who was standing silently next to me. He had a soft smile on his face. "Why don't you two clean up and I'll get our dinner ready?" At my request he nods and turns towards Sora, "Come on Munchkin. Let the cook do his job while you help me look pretty." Clutching his fingers she softly chides, "Appa you're already very pretty."

As they move away I hear him ask, "You think so?"

"Yes, pretty as cherry blossom." Her voice is even softer and for some reason my heart flutters. Aren't they the sweetest?

Shaking my head I start first by hunting down for vessels, spatulas and other such materials. Once done, I could see that Wei Wuxian's Mac and Cheese were almost ready. Alright then I am set to make some traditional Korean style Hoeddeok for Sora. Hopefully she likes some sweet syrupy pancakes. Please love it, I need your blessings to date your Appa.

Side by side I start making for us some Bibimbap and Kimchi. Fuck, I don't know whether he likes spicy food? Anyway, I am here, let's just cook!