⚕️ Resurrection ⚕️

A/n: Kindly listen to the music mentioned above. Original composition and song sung by Lana del Rey but this version is sung by "Aoi Teshima"

This is such a beautiful song and I love both versions but for some reason, her way just captured my heart.

There is this one line which says:

"Dear lord, when I get to heaven
Please, let me bring my man
When he comes, tell me that You'll let him in"

I can imagine with all my heart Lan Wangji singing this aching song for his Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian's POV:

Wei Wuxian's POV:

"Jun, do you play the piano?" Sora enquires as Wangji helps me in drying plates.

"Yes I do. Back in States, I had this amazing teacher who was so patient in teaching me the piano. Why do you ask?" Giving her an indulgent smile he places the dry plate back in its rack.

Sora on the other hand clutches his hand and drags him out of the kitchen. Turning to face me, Wangji's eyes widen with surprise and I grin.

Patting my hand dry I follow them to the music room and where Sora gestures Wangji to take a seat on the piano bench, "This is Appa's. Whenever he is free, Appa would play a song for me. Can you play one too?"

"Oh, which song? Any recommendations for me?" He presses one key to check if it's in tune.

"EXO?" Sora questions with an hopeful voice and Wangji starts laughing. I was about to intervene when he surprises the fuck out of me and starts belting few of their songs. Even I was frozen and mesmarized by his swoon-worthy voice.

Trailing my gaze towards Sora, I will never forget this moment where her small eyes were tearing up emotionally. She's happy. No, more than happy. She's ecstatic.

As he plays out the last note, Wangji's kind eyes meets her and I could witness an instant connection there. Walking upto Wangji, Sora places an arm around his shoulders and gives him a cute kiss on his cheeks, "Thank You Jun. My Appa is not good with EXO." Mock whispering into his ears she chides, "He didn't even know who they are," shaking her head Sora continues, "wanted to gift me EXO's tickets for my birthday, landed up taking me altogether to another band's concert."

"Hey! That's your Uncle Hua's fault. He was the one to book!" I retort.

"Yeah, and who asked him to book? You!" Pointing at me she pouts, "You both are two peas of the same pod. Luckily Uncle Lian isn't like you two."