⚕️Pulse⚕️

Wei Wuxian's POV:

"Is it possible to fall in love with someone already?"

"I think I am falling in love with you Wei Wuxian. Until now I had a major crush, but now, you're stealing my heart too. I was right. You're a medicine to my bruised heart."

How should a person react after hearing those words? Me? All I could do was blink and take a sip of my tea. He on the other hand sported a warm smile and mimicked my action of taking a sip of his own drink. Wangji did not expect an answer from me and to be honest, I didn't have any answer to give him either. Just more questions.

"I am a difficult person to date, Wangji." Before he could speak I place my hand on his and ignore his subtle escalation of pulse, "Listen to me carefully. Two things have always been my priority. My daughter Sora and my profession. When I am not in hospital, I'm at home being a father to a very lovely child. I have no time for another soul, Wangji.

"If we date, there would be circumstances when I will leave you to attend emergencies. I'll get a call just before our movie begins or while you want to shop, or even middle of the night. At first you wouldn't have a problem, you'll even go to an extent of accomodating my timeline, but as our relationship progresses you won't take it. You'll eventually want to break up with me. So why do you wish to put you and me in such misery?"

Taking a bite of my food I pose this question cause even though we are having a serious discussion, the fact still remains that I am hungry.

"Wei Wuxian," he gently calls my name "I am not like your exes or people you have dated before. I know myself. I know what I like. I know how I'll behave in situations. I know me, Wei Wuxian. I trust myself."

Smiling at his words I ask, "Can I trust you?"

Leaning over the counter, his face being close to mine he enquires, "Don't you already? Isn't that the reason you're here?"

Smirking at his boastful words I retort, "Nope. I am here cause you lured me in with free food. Whether the question that I can trust you, let me be the judge for it later on."

"Fair enough." Placated with my phrase he leans back and a moment later I enquire further, "Why do you wish to date me? You can probably easily get someone you like with a simple lifestyle who would make you the centre of their world. You'd come back home to find them waiting for you or someone you can pick up from their workplace. So why me?"

Oh this guy is an amazing cook! When he remains quiet for a while, I raise my eyes to find them on me and his depicted waves of emotions.

"I just want someone like you."

My breathing falters and I ask quietly, "Why? Why someone like me? Why me?"

With a shrug but holding my eyes he confesses with conviction, "Cause you're the other part of me."

And just like that I knew I am blushing and my face is beet red. Wow, smooth talker.

"How many people have you dated before? Men? Women?" I ask as he simply shrugs and takes my now empty place and starts washing them up. Staring at his back I suddenly found it sexy to watch a man perform household chores. My palm is itching to take him into my embrace right this instant.

Wei Wuxian! Stop swooning.

"None." He answers and I realise he's talking to me.

"Huh! Sorry? None?" I recheck and he turns back to face me with a tender smile and leans against the counter, "None. You're my first and hopefully my last."