Chapter 5: FriENDs

Miguel: At this point, I don't even know anymore.

Daniel: What do mean, I don't know anymore?
Are You giving up!?

Yadira: By the looks of it, I'm not surprised at all if he is giving up. But come on Miguel, you really wanna get stabbed to death?! You wanna die when you have major anxiety!

Miguel looks up at the sky then looks around his surroundings, not making eye contact to his friends. He takes a deep breath.

Miguel: I know that and this is too overwhelming for me. I just can't think properly right now. Well, at least for now until I get my mind clear.

He sighs and looks at Yadira and Daniel

Miguel: I think we should stop and end our plans. The killer knows way too much now. I don't trust no one now

Yadira: You know what, I think you're right. But for me, I'm continuing it on my own. I'm not giving up. I'm too damn young to die and so are both of you. I'll see you guys later. I'm very disappointed in you Miguel, I miss the old you. No hard feelings though.

Yadira walks away.

Daniel: That was harsh. It's not your fault bro

Miguel closes his eyes as Daniel pats his back. Roldan waves at Yadira but she ignores him. Roldan approaches to Miguel.

Roldan: Okay Miguel, Why the fuck did you not tell me Shaniylah died!

Daniel: Everyone knows or should know by now if you actually watched the news or read your emails and—

Roldan: I barely go on my phone dude, it's dry like the desert.

Miguel: I'm not in the mood for this shit roldan.  Daniels right, you should have known by now.

Roldan: If I can guess correctly, you didn't know she died before me huh? You knew before me!

Miguel eye rolls and licks his lips. 

Miguel: What's your point, Yadira told me so what. And what's the deal with you lately?

Roldan: Look who's talking. My girl died and you didn't bother texting me? As well as you Daniel.

Daniel: Hey man, Don't get me involved in this situation.

Miguel: you just said you barely use your phone, plus I was gonna tell you when I had the chance to see you.

Roldan: Texting I'd probably answer, but I'm still kinda upset. You've been acting a little different Miguel.

Miguel strokes his hair, feeling stressed.

Miguel: I've been dealing with horrible mental health lately. We lost two people, and I'm done with everyone. I just need to be alone right now.

Miguel walks away and heads back to his dorm.

Roldan: This dude man, for sure this killer has gone through his head. Way worse than before. I might be crazy but you think he's the killer Daniel?

Daniel: No way in hell, you see how he is. He does look way better than before back then, but he's still weak.

Roldan: Bro have you seen skinny people fight?
It's crazy and funny but somewhat interesting. It's always the quiet people too if you think about it

Daniel: Yeah Good point but everyone's different, you can't know for sure without evidence. We're gonna miss our next class in a few, let's head inside.

Roldan: I thought it was our break time, I want lunch, I'm hungry

Daniel: That's after our next class. It's still early dude, you have to quit craving so much. I think it's beginning to be a problem for you