Chapter 4: Running out of time

{Short Chapter}

It's the next morning, Miguel wakes up and gets up from his bed. He checks to see if there's notifications from his phone and there's a couple of Instagram notifications and so on. One important notification is from the campus's app. It states, "Classes will resume today in the buildings. As of now, we are gathering more securities around every single building in this campus for safety reasons ". Miguel turns off his phone and heads to the bathroom. Roldan gets out of his room and hangs on the bathroom door.

Roldan: Broo Hurry up, I have to use it right now and I can't hold it much longer.

Miguel bursts out laughing as he grabs his toothbrush and starts brushing his teeth.

Miguel: I just got in here so you'll have to wait buddy.

Roldan: I can't be late this time, the professor will kill me.

Miguel: Relax, we got plenty of time to get ready. There's no need to rush

Roldan: alright but you got two minutes, hurry it up

Miguel takes up 8 minutes of roldans time and roldan gets frustrated. Miguel finally exits the bathroom

Roldan: finally Damn

Miguel: What's the rush calm down. I'm gonna head out a little early with Yadira.

Roldan: i don't care, peace out

Roldan rushes into the bathroom and slams the door. Miguel meets up with Yadira and surprisingly sees nagelys with her, chatting with Yadira.

Miguel: Guess you guys know each other?

Nagelys: Yeah, we met back then. I totally forgot where, so sorry Yadira.

Yadira: Honestly, don't worry about it, it ain't important right now. Miguel I know you hate hearing this but they found Shaniylah's body hanging by the flag pole...

Miguel: Roldans girlfriend! Your kidding, wow

Nagely: the crazy part is, they don't know if she hung herself or the killer did it.

Miguel: It's for sure the killer's plan. Don't tell roldan, I'll tell him.

Yadira: Alright but Not now, let's get to class

They walk to class. Almost an hour later after everyone presented, Miguel presents his presentation to class.

Nagelys texted Daniel to see where was roldan. Daniel texted back and stated, "He was on his way until someone told him the news about his girlfriend." Nagelys texted back. "Oh dang, Miguel was gonna tell him first about it. ☹️". The professor tells everyone to pay attention.

Miguel: I'm ready to start

Professor: Alright, You may begin.

Miguel clicks on his laptop and begins.

Miguel: okay, today I'm gonna be talking about a topic that relates to what is going on right now. Well "Does slasher movies get blamed for killings?" Many people agree, others don't. Raise your hand if you think these movies causes psychos to murder.

8 students raises their hand.

Miguel: and of course raise your hand if you think the movies doesn't make psychos kill

12 students raise their hands.

Miguel: There you have it. But in my opinion, I feel that the movies causes these killers in the real world to be more creative rather than making them to be the psycho killers they already are.

Miguel continues to the next slide. He looks back at the class to continue to speak. As he looks to the right, he sees ghostface waving at him. Miguel gets in shock for a moment.

Professor: Miguel?

Miguel ignores the professor and runs towards ghostface. He ran to the area where ghostface was sitting by but ghostface disappeared. Miguel was hallucinating all along. He gets confused as the professor yells his name for the third time.

Professor: Miguel!! Either you finish your presentation right now or you will fail this quarter

Miguel: My apologies, I... I thought I saw the killer.

Professor: Okay, Do You want to continue to do you're presentation after class?

Miguel: no I'll take it from here.

Miguel walks back to the front of the class and resumes his presentation. After class, Daniel and Yadira ran up to Miguel as he ignores them after walking out the classroom.

Yadira: I know you did not just leave without us.

Daniel: What was that about earlier too, you saw the killer for sure?

Miguel: I swear I saw him, he disappeared as soon as I got close to him. I can't explain it

Yadira: I'm sure you were just seeing things. I get it since your were traumatized from the killer before.

Miguel: This killer is something else , I swear I seen him. Just leave me alone.

Daniel: No, Remember you said we have to stick together. You can't Stop the plan.

Miguel: At this point, I don't even know anymore...