Chapter 6: Dead End

Gabriella and Juan ran out the dorm building and try their best to look for Jeyliana. Zahra spotted them as she rushes to pick up her notebooks from the table. She ran towards them, picking up their pace.

Zahra: Hey guys, why are you running so fast. It's so hot out today.

Gabriella and Juan stopped running and they start to walk.

Juan: We think jeyliana got captured while the alarm went off. She was just with me as we ran together.

Zahra : Oh yeah, the alarm that happened earlier made everyone feel anxious as hell. I was even nervous. I'm glad you guys are safe

Gabriella: Yeah, I'm sure you were nervous with your cop boyfriend huh.

Zahra laughs

Zahra: About that, it turns out he wasn't single at all. After we finished having sex, we cuddled and kissed until he felt guilty and told me the truth. It doesn't matter, I still had fun riding him.

Juan: What the hell zahra.

Gabriella: I hate how men just love cheating, it's ridiculous. They don't deserve women.

Zahra: Pretty much.

Juan: We don't got time to chat, come on.

They continue to run again, then they are in the area where the alarm has started.

Gabriella: You think she's here?

Juan: This is the last place she was with me when we ran together.

Zahra: Sorry that I can't help out.

Juan: It's fine, I'm going back over there.

Zahra: You can't, I tried earlier to study in that area but they won't let anyone over there. There are cops everywhere now.

Gabriella: That's good, if you think about it. Now there will be less areas for the killer to have a chance to kill while he's sneaking around hiding.

Zahra: Right?!

Juan: I don't care, I'm going over there. We knew each other for a long time. She is like a family member to me. We made it all this way, there's no where else to search.

Gabriella: Just be cautious because these cops ain't playing around.

Juan walks away, slowly being cautious to not get caught lurking around to find jeyliana. A moment later, he sees three cops, crime scene tape and a body being covered. That body is jeyliana and Juan doesn't realize until one of the cops turns around and grabs Juan.

Police officer: Hey! You shouldn't be here. This is a crime scene.

Juan: Calm down officer, I was looking for my friend and I looked everywhere. This is the last place to look. What happened here...

Police officer: The killer got away with murder again, so we are extending more safety around campus. We are trying our best to keep you students safe but this killer is a tough one to find.

Juan: Wait a minute, who's body is that?...

Police officer: Hey, can you please uncover the body for a second. Just the face of course

As they uncover half the body, Juan freezes in shock. His heart is broken, as he had a feeling and knew that was her.

Police officer: Oh I'm guessing you know her, I'm sorry pal, but you should really leave this area now.

Juan doesn't say a word and leaves the area. He gets angry and talks to Gabriella.

Gabriella: That was fast, You got caught?