◦04◦

━━━━━━

It was getting late. The bright circle moon was now higher in the sky, brighter than ever. This night's stars were breathtaking.

Taehyung was trying his hardest to get home without making any noises or being caught by the maids because it was against the rules for him to be out this long.

He was only a few meters away from his room when he heard a similar voice and flinched. He remained frozen in place.

"Would you mind telling me where you were this late, Kim Taehyung?" the deep husky voice asked.

"Sir, I-i was in the forest and forgot about time and -"

"For so many years, you couldn't understand so many things." The man sighed deeply, disappointment on point.

'I thought you were smarter than this,' he had said.

"Sir, I-"

"Whatever you did, were you certain you were only staying in the forest?" Taehyung, don't argue with your own father."

"Son, you'll make me lock you up again. Do you want that? Do you want me to be as cruel as before?" the king deep sighed in the hall's silence.

"n-no sir, please don't make me go there, it's absolutely horrifying," he begged, kneeling down to his father.

"You'll force me, Taehyung. There are some rules that you must strictly adhere to. Your mother didn't think highly of you, did she? You must be grateful that we let you go outside, or do you want to be imprisoned in the palace?"

"n-no, sir. I appreciate everything you've done for me! Please, pardon me!"

"Only tonight, Taehyung. Can't you just admit that you're not like everyone else? You can't live a happy life, son. Do not try to change anything."

The king then left. Taehyung has never seen his father look so disappointed. It shouldn't have been such a big deal for him to be out. Still, it was unclear what he had done to deserve such rules.

He walked back in the room and threw himself on the bed. He sat in one of the chairs and promptly fell asleep in his clothes. The pillow was going to be wet from the fallen tears most nights, and Taehyung was going to wake up terrified from his nightmare.

❄❄❄

While the situation with the older prince was far superior. He usually returned without hesitation. There will be no questions or concerns about whether he will be apprehended. He was smirking, which surprised me. Jeon joengguk was overjoyed. and a euphoric feeling he hasn't felt in a long time.

He sat on the big bed with his hands in the air. He sighed deeply and looked up at the ceiling. He reminded himself of how he had a great time with the boy.

"A friend, you say? I haven't had one in a long time. This will be interesting," he thought as he bit his bottom lip and went to take a shower.

It was one of his best decisions to track down Taehyung because he was likely to spend his time in his room or reading articles as he always did.

As a result, a memory from their last meeting flashed through his mind...

"So, will we keep playing?"

"All right. I suppose it was my turn now. What do friends normally do?"

"Hmm, I suppose they're used to hanging out? I know best friends are always together... but friends, hm, probably...oh, I'm not sure. Finally, when I had friends, they said I was too arrogant and left."

"Are you too arrogant? I honestly can't imagine it, maybe friends just do things together? ''

"Of course, they do things together, but what do they do...oh, hunt?! What are your thoughts on it?"

''Mm, hunts?''

''mhm. Why are you acting this way? Don't you do it all the time?" Jeongguk noticed how unsure the boy was about giving ideas.

Jeongguk realized for a brief moment and stood stunned.

"Do you really do this?"

''n-no..''

"How are you training then? Isn't it true that you, too, are the future king? ''

"Oh, I-I have a lot of time..

I don't train or do anything like this. I've had my own training..."

"Wait, you mean you don't know how to fight? do you have a sword? Do you even know how to ride?''

''Oh, yes! I'm a horseback rider! This is most likely my favorite activity."

"All right, then, we'll have a race tomorrow!"

''huh?''

''Get your own horse, we'll have a race to see who is the better rider!''

"Are you sure? You must be aware of my abilities."

"We'll see it tomorrow, Kim. "Will we do it?"

"All right. It will be a race."

"taehyung," jeongguk said sternly.

"What are you doing if you don't train for a king?"

"Putting my abilities to the test."

"Aren't you supposed to be able to control them when you're ten?"

"With me, it's different..."

"How different is it?"

"You see, I built this forest entirely on my own abilities. This was actually designed for my training. a-and if something goes wrong,...umm with me? I just come here and keep my cool..."

"Ah, I see now. Is this why you come here so frequently? But...don't you do something else? To be honest, I believe you are always present, don't you? ''

"Not quite. I can spend hours in the library just reading. Is this my way of unwinding?"

"I assume you are literate. That's a good thing, Kim."

"Oh, I-umm, thank you?"

''You know how you've been blusing so hard since I arrived? "And it's not even warm here?"

"o-h..r-eally? s-sorry," she says.

"Taehyung-sshi, relax. It's new for me as well, because I don't have many friends. However, hanging out should be enjoyable. "Don't be nervous, at least not around me."

'He's so close... really close,' he says.

"All right, gukkie..."

'gukkie? 'Cute, I like it,' said the older.

"So, we're going to meet tomorrow?" Jeongguk begged the younger.

"mhm, we will," the youngster agreed.

"All right, I'll go back. Thank you for your time, Tae. Tae, may I call you?"

"Yes, you can."

'He is so unbelievable, moon goddess,' Jeongguk thought as he returned to his horse to ride nack to the kingdom.

'Was he flirting? No way, no how! We've only recently become friends! Taehyung, get yourself together!' While adjusting his robe, the younger reflected.

'his greylish hair..the white eyes..the silver crown he wears..Im lucky..' thought Jeongguk on one side.

'He appears to be... nice?'

'I wasn't expecting him to be this way.' and Taehyung pondered on the other side

──♛ꕥ♛──

what do you guys think so far?