57

Zaib/Zoya

"Zaib could you uncover my eyes now?" Zoya giggled while grasping onto both of her husband's hands gently placed above her eyes.

After Zoya had her fun with the children, she'd requested Zaib to let her visit the masjid committee as she had her own agenda on her birthday. There she'd donated a sum of her earnings to contribute to the expansion of the women's section of the masjid.

It was an annual birthday habit of hers to donate to charities or causes she believed in. After all, Allah had blessed her with another year to do good and gain rewards.

Especially considering the women's section of their local Masjid wasn't as developed as the men's section-Zoya found this unfair because many women held daily Quran classes and study groups there.

After making her contribution and Maghrib prayer, Zaib informed her that they had another stop to make, which took Zoya by surprise as it was already evening.

On the car ride to their next location, he'd pulled out a brand new box of sports shoes and told her to put them on instead of the heels she was wearing. Zoya didn't even bother to question him as he'd made it clear it was a surprise and instead admired his thoughtfulness.

Upon reaching a vast parking lot, Zaib insisted on covering her eyes while they walked until they arrived at the location itself and Zoya had to oblige.

"Okay, just a moment. You'll be able to open your eyes then." Zaib whispered into her ears as he guided her carefully. Zoya's heart raced in anticipation with every step they took.

"Now."

Zaib dropped his hands and Zoya squinted her eyes to take a look at what was in front of them. She audibly gasped when she captured the view in front of her. It was the infamous travelling fair she'd heard of on the news that only opened at night.

She could spot a giant Ferris wheel and various rollercoasters from where they stood; she couldn't help but squeal in excitement. "Zaib!" she shrilled as she pulled him into a warm hug. He laughed at her response and held her tightly.

"How did you know I love fairs?" She looked up at him, eyes glowing with affection. Ever since she was young, she loved visiting all sorts of theme parks and amusement parks. The whole vibe of them just got her excited and happy.

Zaib stroked her cheek lovingly. "You weren't exactly subtle in hiding your reaction when we saw the news report about it."

Zoya just grinned and grabbed his hand. "Let's go!" She pulled him behind her, impatient to get to the ticketing booth.

Upon purchasing the tickets, the both of them entered the premises hand in hand. Zoya's senses came to life in their environment-she could feel her serotonin rush.

She inhaled the sweet smell of sugar burning in the cotton candy machine and could hear the popping of popcorn kernels. Lights flashed everywhere, people around them buzzing with excitement trying to get on every ride. These reasons were why she enjoyed fairs so much- they were bustling with life.

The biggest rollercoaster caught her eyes immediately as it rushed by, causing a draft of wind to blow towards them. "I want to go on that one first," Zoya pointed at the looped, high rise rollercoaster.

Zaib coughed nervously, "Uh-um you can go, I'll wait for you." His response confused Zoya; why didn't he want to go on the ride too?

"Zaib, why don't you want to go with me?" She inquired, curious to hear his explanation. He turned to her, an anxious smile on his face.

"I'm... scaredofrides." He muttered under his breathe quickly, looking away from her in embarrassment; to zoya, his words sounded like a spell.