28.

It felt nice to be out and i felt so much better after having a bath and changing out of my work clothes. Now I can just breathe in the air and relax even if it's just for and hour or so.

I looked over to where Ethan and Chrissann was. The two of them were happy together, talking and laughing. It puts a smile on my face and a ease of whatever was bothering me.

He was spinning around with her in his hand his laugh lines showing and it was a different show of his stony face. This I could never get use to.

I don't know what the future holds have been or what it would have been if I had not run and hide but I wouldn't want it either way. We're co-parenting just fine and we're happy with the schedule.

But sometimes I wish it would be more but I had promised myself that I'd let go. I have. Have I? I don't want to get in front of there relationship. He has moved on and it's time for me to move on.

I'll just enjoy these moments and the one to come.
.
.
.

Hurray for the weekend. Now I can get a good soak in the bathtub and a sip of my favorite wine. I put my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head stepping over into the bathtub filled with bubbles. Nothing but a relaxing soak in the bathtub filled with bubbles to easy away all that I went through throughout the week.

Ethan has Chrissann so there is no need to worry about her calling me every minute of the hour. I don't have to keep an eye on her.

Plus they get along great. He's a good father to her. She has become such a daddy girls making me jealous. And Ethan is the worse always making me look like a villain when he can't refuse her just send her my way.

Now I'm relaxing sipping wine and eating fruits. Living it up. My life as been revolving around my angel didn't have time for myself. That's how it is being a mother is a full time job. I want to give her what is best for her.

I know she's happy but I think she really wants to be like other families where the mommy and the daddy is living together instead of separately.

I could give her another daddy (step)-but the probability of that is so low since I don't date, in fact I don't have time to date- and since Ethan and Lizzie looks so happy together and I don't feel like getting between that.

He has already moved on so I should move on too but why every time I think about it I have this heavy feeling in my heart. I shake of the feeling sinking deeper into the bath tub taking a sip on the wine letting the sweet taste take over my senses.

I got in this tub to relax not to think about the what ifs and the past. What's meant for you will always be for you. No matter how far it is or how near, who they are and who they are with if it is meant to be yours no one else can receive it.

Therefore, if he is mine and we are meant to be together he'll come back to me but if it is meant that he should be with someone else that's how it's going to be.

I'll just have to learn to live with that.

When I was done soaking in the bath tub, dried myself with a towel and put on my bath robe. Taking a deep breath in then falling back on my bed. What should I do next? I didn't have much planned. It was my weekend to stay with her but Etha called saying he has nothing to do and would like to spend more time with his daughter.

It was the quickest I have ever agreed to anything in my life, not because I wanted to get rid of her no. I just thought I needed the break but now I'm bored and lonely. I miss my daughter.

There's so much I could do before my mind wonders back to her. Other people might forget about their child or children in a second once they are gone with nothing to do because they can be a handle.

But me no matter what their is not a minute that I don't think of my angel. You know you got to cherish these little moments you don't know what will happen to your sweet little girl once she turns into teenager.

I know karma and I did give my mother a hard time in my teenage year. She tried her best but I wasn't going easy on her. Sometimes the trouble you give your parents one of your child would do the same.

I really don't want to hear the words from my mother. "She's behaving like you when you were a teenager."

Since I have nothing to do I'm going to watch a movie. Searching for the movie on my laptop when I found it I when downstairs in search of popcorn. Popped it then went back upstairs with it and a juice and hit play on the movie.

And that's how I fell asleep with popcorn sticking to my face and the movie finished playing. Even the credits had already went up on the screen.

What a way to spend my weekend. You would have thought I would have gone out with friends.

Picking the popcorns off my face I drop them in the almost empty bowl. Tying the robe tighter around my body I went downstairs to the kitchen.

I was two steps up the stairs when the doorbell rang. I didn't know what time it was but I checked my appearance and opened the door enough to put my head out.

"I'm sorry I woke you up but Chrissann left her favourite bunny and wouldn't go to sleep without it," he hurriedly explained as I opened the door wide enough for the both of them to come in.

"It's okay I was already awake." I closed the door behind them. She never goes to sleep without that pink bunny.

He puts her down while she rushes to her room to get her bunny. "What time is it?" I asked. I just woke up minutes ago I don't know what time it is.

"After 10 o'clock."

I was shocked by the time. I thought it might have been around 8 or at least nine o'clock. Guess I was tired more than I thought.

"What were you two doing up this late?" I asked with a raise brow.

"Trying to get her to sleep without the bunny. I've been reading over and over a princess story to her which is now stuck in my head. She only stares at me each times I come to the end of the story thinking she wants me to read again I do." He rubs the back of his neck.

I laughed. He had a rough night. "Yeah so that's what happened." He puts his hands in the pocket of his track pants.

And for a moment in that silence I was checking him out. He's aging but I think he is getting more handsome as the days past.

I didn't want my thoughts to starts being about him. I had to cut it where it started. He looks great and that's it.

We stand there in silence. We didn't have anything to say to each other. "I'm going to see what's taking her so long," I said going to Chrissann room.

Shaking my head I walked into her room pulling the cover up and tucking her in. I kissed her on the forehead turning on her favorite nightlight. I flicked off the light switch on my way out.

Looking back at her I smiled, turned around to closing the door when Ethan came into my sight. I put my finger to my lips, closed the door before I said.

"She's fast asleep."

"I guess I should be going now," he replied.

I hesitated. "It's late and you're tired. I wouldn't want you to meet in an accident. You can stay in the guess room if you want I'm sure Lizzie won't mind, well as long as you call her and..." He cut off my babbling.

"Thank you Crystal."

I blinked. "No problem..." There was a pause. "Let me show you to the room."

I lead him to the room bid him good night and went to my room opposite Chrissann. I remembered that I was eating pop corn before so I got up from the bed that I had just lied on went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

I thought it would have been hard for me to fall asleep again but it was lights out for me as soon as my head hit the pillow.

A\N I know its been a while and its short 🤦 probably not what you've been looking forward to but I tried with this brain I really did and that's all I could juice out. I really appreciate all my loyal readers who are still reading this book and have been waiting for this update. Thank you.