22.

I enter the joining room going to an occupied seat. I cleared my throat getting his attention and his sear buddy but I didn't pay her any mind.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked. He glanced at Lizzie so I added. "Alone."

He excused himself following me out of the dining room to the stairs. The living room still had people milling around and the dining has you can guess isn't empty.

I crossed my arms turning around to face him. He stopped three feet away from me waiting for me to say something.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He replied confused.

I sigh freeing my hands dropping them to my side. "What is she doing here?" I asked gesturing to the dining room where his girlfriend is.

"Isn't it obvious, I was supposed to be meeting her parents today but circumstances I couldn't so I invited her here with me, " he answered like it was quite obvious because she is after all his girlfriend so there is a reason for her to be here.

I don't have any problem with her whatsoever but I don't want her being introduced to my daughter just like that...unless I say it's okay and I didn't say it's okay for his girlfriend to meet my daughter.

"To meet my daughter, " I said with a raised eyebrow. "Did I say you could introduce your girlfriend to me...our daughter?" I asked my brow still high up on my forehead.

"Well, no but I thought it would have been okay, " he claimed.

"You thought? You should have asked me first. This is my daughter, not a meet and greet. You know how much meeting you is important to her and yet you go on do this, " I

"I didn't do anything, " he defends. "I only brought my girlfriend here nothing else. You're the one that is lying to our daughter, " he said aggravated.

"That is exactly the problem, " I said glaring at him. "I can't introduce my daughter to her father and his girlfriend at the same time how would that look in her eyes, I can't say this enough but we need to ease her in and not tell her she has a potential stepmother," I added crossing my arms over my chest again.

"I didn't say you had to introduce Lizzie to our daughter, " he clarified.

"Then why is she here?" I asked because I wasn't dumb. What else could she be doing here if not to be introduced to my daughter?

"I told you already, " he said not wanting to repeat himself of why his girlfriend is here.

"Does she know this? Or you just saying it now because you now found out I'm not okay with her meeting my daughter?" If he thinks by saying there wasn't going to be a potential meet between his girlfriend and my daughter even though she is here was going to make me believe him.

"Fine, I didn't think it was a big of a deal if they both got to know each other, " he said nonchalantly.

What does he think my daughter life is? I don't want to confuse and hurt my daughter in any way to make her think the absence of her father was because of another woman why he couldn't be with his family.

I guess he doesn't understand that. She's a child maybe when she's older and can understand to the extent I want her to I'll finally tell her the truth that I had ran with her but months old in my belly.

I sighed not wanting to fight over this. I wanted today to go smoothly with no hitch to get my daughter to finally see him for the second or so time as her father.

"Tomorrow afternoon at the park and don't be late, " I told him going around him to return to the dining so as not to let anyone think inappropriately. I'm sure his girlfriend can't wait for him to return.