14.

Before it could slip my mind I confronted Cassie about her relationship with Danny. I know you must be thinking that I should mind my own business but the person that should mind their own business is you.

I wasn't being inquisitive when she told me that they are back together the day when we were backing because one I was distracted and two I saw the look on her face when she talked about it.

I could feel her uncertainty and insecurities. I wanted her to be relaxed when I jumped on her with it. She needs me and I will be there for her now and forever to talk about her problems with me as she is my rock and I am hers.

She let me borrow her shoulders when I need to cry and comfort me with her welcoming hands so I'll be just that for her. If not what kind of best friend would I be.

So I waited until Chrissann was upstairs sleeping before I turned around to face her.

"Talk." I said once I was sitting beside her. I wasn't going to start of with small conversation or questions I want to here everything.

She sighed running her hand through her hair. "I don't know." She breaths.

"Listen Cassie I don't understand what you're going through or get to have a say in your life but I'm hear to advice you. I know you love him and I know for sure that he loves you. I can see it in his eyes and I'm sure whatever is holding you back or the relationship can be easily resolve." I was holding her hands now.

"It's just that... I don't know... I guess my past is catching up to me now. He doesn't trust me like I'm going to start sleep around again. I knew I shouldn't have let him in on that part of my life when I was wild. But I swear I'm a change woman. I love him something I thought I would be unable to do because of a certain someone." Her chest heaves up and down in a deep sigh.

"You and Danny need to sit down and talk about it. Show him that he can trust you. Let him in a little more than you do at times. Maybe he would understand you more than when you're closed off." I recommended.

"And you don't think I let him in enough." She said tiredly barely arguing with me. I raised an eyebrow at her questioning her statement.

"Not enough. Opening your legs doesn't mean you let him in. Physical yes but not mentally and emotionally. Let him see you from you're point of view and what better way to do that than the emotional way."  I could see her thinking about what I said.

It was a minute after before she could reply. She got up and pulled me towards her and hugged me. "Thanks Crystal you're the best and I'll take all of this into consideration." She said hugging me. "For once you talk and you talk something with sense."

"Hey." I said offended.

"I'm just joking you always give good advice." She said laughing a little.

"And so do you we always have each other's back." I replied still in her arms and when there was silence we released each other from the hug.

"So..." She dragged out the word but I waited for her to finish her thought. "When are we leaving?"

"A day after winter break I just hope there is no snow storm." I told her then we descend into a comfortable silence probably thinking about the Christmas.

Silence wasn't a bad thing for the both of us as we understanding each other knowing where one mind can go at times. While she might be thinking about what I said I'm thinking about this Christmas and events.

We drank wine and talked over preparing dinner. It was all laughing, jokes and sarcasm until she asked. "What about you and Ethan?" That sobered me up suddenly there was no laughing an sarcasm but all seriousness and tension for me. I haven't thought about..well I have but not about me and him it's always about him and my daughter and his relationship status. I know it would be easy for me to find out if I just ask but that would look like I still have feelings for him. I could search the internet and stalk him but I don't see myself doing it even though I have thought about it a couple of times.

I cleared my throat. "What about Ethan and me?" I asked instead of answering her questions needing to know what exactly she is asking.

"You guys have a child together so I thought you guys would work things out are something probably get married." She shrugged like what she just said is something simple like breathing but it caused me to choke on my whine.

"I'm glad it's just a thought because I don't think any of that would work out. I basically hide the child from him result in him missing 5 years of her life and you think because we have a child together we should get married." I said like it was the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

"Don't talk like that you're talking like it was a one night stand gone wrong you guys have history with chemistry nothing wrong with tying yourself together. With or without the child being the reason." I scoffed.

"That's absolutely ridiculous but you're right we do have history which is why things will never work out. I'm pass that definitely moving on with my life." I added taking a sip she raised an eyebrow at me but I ignored the look that she was giving me.

"Okay whatever you say Crystal by only time will tell and I will depend on that to tell the truth." She said and i shrugged. True time will tell and I know what it will tell. I'm going to grow old and single with my daughter and when she is gone I'll surround myself with cats...lots and lots of cat.

I scoffed at my own thought it sound so ridiculous. I hate cat always meowing and rubbing against you skin leaves fur everywhere. I hate that sound they make at their throat. I was overjoyed when my sister's cat went suddenly missing up until now we can't find out where poor Miss Muffin went and if you think it's me you're accusing an innocent person. I would never do something like that to hurt my sister.

She I hated the little furry thing and would often put it outside my room or any room that I am in. It annoys me how it would rub it's body on my foot and I would get annoyed, don't worry I didn't kick it just carefully push it away from my foot then run away from it.

I would prefer a dog over those fur balls. Unlucky me my mother was allergic to dogs so the cat was the ultimate choice when we decided to get a pet. I and the rest of the family had a strong debate about the cat they were adopting from the pet store which I had a huge dislike to. It took a lot to convince me and when I mean alot I mean alot. It was either the cat or a pet snake which my mother have a strong hate for...hate is a strong word...I mean she is scared of those scary things. I didn't want to get anything else since I couldn't get a dog and when they asked for other suggestions I would offer the most unideal pets.

So after their strong disapproval of the type of pet I would want I realized I could use it to my advantage. I got longer TV hours, longer bedtime, ice cream for a month and I got to paint my room into a different colour. To say I had my whole room renovated, a different schedule not for a kid but a more mature kid and I got alot of new toys. That was the best day of my childhood when my parents would have given me anything than the pet I wanted.

There was alot of groaning and frowning when I keep changing my decision and me with satisfied smiles. I miss those days when I was young and innocent with no care in the world, no responsibility but I'm glad that I am older no one can stay young for ever.