Prologue

Also, I'm an American, so for all you British people reading this (and everyone else), I'm sorry but I'm using a lot of American language. Though, when I say "football", I DO mean "soccer", so no need to worry about that.

One more thing. I'm gonna put two songs that inspired each chapter at the top, so I'd recommend listening to them while you read because it makes the experience better imo. Happy reading!

I plopped down on my bed, exhausted from the long day. Simon, my best friend, offered to let me stay at his place with him. Though I loved him to death, I was hesitant. He lived with three of his friends, and while some of them were very nice, others were very annoying.

Regardless, I said yes to his offer.

So I had my things in the guest bedroom, which was much bigger than any room I'd ever stayed in. The house itself was like a mansion, and I felt out of place there.

Everyone was sitting downstairs, partying, but I was too tired. Simon had Harry, Ethan, and Tobi over, too, so the whole gang was there.

I closed my eyes as I laid down on my bed, but the relaxation didn't last very long when my door was flung open.

Simon and JJ came in, and I groaned.

"Guys, it's late. Let me sleep," I groaned. JJ annoyed me probably the most, purely because our chemistry wasn't the greatest. Most of our conversations involved sarcastic remarks, and if I was being honest, he had quite a big ego. He thought he was the only man alive.

"Come on, Casey, everyone's waiting for you downstairs," Simon whined. He ripped the blankets off of me and I sighed. My real name was Cassiopeia, but I had everyone call me Casey because I hated my name. My dad chose it, but a year after I was born, he ran off. The only people that knew were Simon and Vik. "Don't make me have JJ carry you."

I narrowed my eyes. "You wouldn't."

Simon and JJ looked at each other and grinned. Before I could stop him, JJ leaned down and threw me over his shoulder, and I shouted as I hit his back.

"Hey! Let me down, asshole!"

Simon was laughing as he followed us, and I shouted until JJ dropped me on the couch. I gave JJ a death glare and he just laughed, walking away.

I glanced around at everyone else. Most people hadn't broken their conversations, so I sighed before standing and making my way to the kitchen, sitting in one of the barstools.

I smiled at Ethan, who was standing on the other side of the bar. "So you're tonight's bartender?"

He chuckled. "For the time being, yeah. What do you want?"

I shrugged. I didn't drink nearly as much as him and Harry, but I knew a little alcohol wouldn't hurt. Especially if I wanted to make it through the night.

"Surprise me. I know you're good at this stuff," I stated. He grinned and poured what looked to be a very strong drink. "So, did Simon force everyone down here, or just me?"

"Well, you were the only one upstairs," He shrugged as he handed me the glass. "Everyone else is in the living room."

I nodded with a sigh. "I'll probably just make my rounds with everyone and go back to bed."

He chuckled again. "Good luck trying to get away unnoticed. There'll be eyes on you all night."

I giggled. "What's that  supposed to mean?"

He shrugged and drank from his own glass before speaking again. "Have fun. Vik was asking about you earlier, you may want to talk to him."

I nodded and smiled at him before walking away, back into the living room and looking around. I saw Vik and JJ talking on the couch, so I steered clear. I'd talk to Vik when JJ wasn't with him.