SIMON

-"The Other Side" By Jason Derulo

-"You Belong With Me" By Taylor Swift

Simon looked down at my hand in the hat, and I noticed his lips twitch up into a smirk as my fingers closed over an object. I knew immediately it represented him, but I pulled it out anyway for the sake of the game. It was a football keychain, taken straight out of Simon's room.

"Not sure I'd classify it as Seven Minutes in Heaven with you-"

I hit his arm playfully. "I'm not that bad. Come on, this was your idea after all."

"What? No, it was JJ's," He countered. He was grinning, though, so he knew it was bullshit.

I just grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the closet with me, closing the door behind us.

"Someone's eager," He teased.

I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved him. He'd always been much taller than me, but in the closed space I realized just how tall he really was. "Says the guy that's been crushing on me since I was eighteen."

"Hey, I got over that after the fifth time I asked you out."

"Sure you did," I giggled.

"Would it really be such a bad thing?" He questioned. "I mean, we'd make a pretty hot couple."

"Is that so?"

He nodded. "I think so."

"I mean, for someone your age, I guess you're not terrible-looking."

He put a hand on his chest in mock pain. "'For my age?' I'm four years older than you."

"Exactly, Minter, you're ancient," I joked. He grinned and crossed his arms.

"Take it back."

"No."

"No?" His smile broadened when I shook my head, so he quickly came over to me and immediately wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him before beginning to tickle my sides. "Take it back!"

I erupted into giggles, trying to block myself from being tickled. I couldn't escape, and tears formed at my eyes from laughing so hard. "Never!"

He brought me down to the floor and held me there while he tickled me, and I shrieked. He was laughing at me, so I wriggled out of his grasp before trying to reach for his feet.

"Ah!" He shouted and grabbed me before I could reach them. "That's too far!"

I grinned, finally settling down. We were both on the floor, with him on top of me. He looked down at me with the biggest smile on his face, and I blushed.

"Hey Simon?"

"Yeah?"

"I didn't reject you because I didn't like you," I said softly. His smile faltered a little, and his expression became serious.

"I'm over it, Case, there's no need to explain yourself."

"But there is," I stated. "I do like you. I think you're sweet, and handsome, and fun. I just...I knew you deserved better. I'm-"

"Don't say that," He muttered. "Don't."

"I'm the complete opposite of you. I'm not good at sports. I'm not social, and I don't have lots of people looking up to me. I'm not fun, or-"

"Stop," He breathed. "Don't talk about the girl I love like that. I'd kill if it meant she saw herself the way I do."

We were extremely close now, with him still on top of me. His face hovered mere centimeters from mine, and I closed my eyes. "But-"

"Fuck it," My eyebrows raised after he said that, because not a second later, his lips were on mine.

He was a great kisser.

I melted at his touch, loving the new feeling and experience. In all the years I'd known him, I never thought we'd be living this moment.

His lips were soft, and as he moved them with mine, I felt him smirking. I realized how long he'd wanted this, and deep down, I guess I'd wanted it, too.

He pulled away for breath for half a second, so I used the opportunity to roll us on the floor, swinging myself on top. I straddled him and leaned back down, connecting our lips once again. He held me by my hips, and he rubbed his thumbs in circles around them. We pulled away for longer the second time, and he sat up a bit. He leaned back against the wall, but still held me facing him in his lap.

"Wow," He breathed. He stared at my lips before reaching a hand up and playing with a strand of my hair, pulling it through his fingers before twirling it around. "I never thought I'd be able to do that."

I nodded, too shocked with myself to say anything. I leaned forward and rested my forehead on his chest, and he chuckled.

He positioned me so that I was sitting on the floor in front of him. I was facing the same direction he was, but he wrapped his arms around my chest before pulling me back to him.

I leaned back on his chest and closed my eyes, never having felt more comforted in my life. He rested his chin on the top of my head, and I just listened to his breathing.

I never would have thought that I'd be in love with my best friend.

Well, there you have it folks! The conclusion. Thank you for reading, and feel free to check out some of my fanfictions. Thank you so much!