Chapter 15: The Big Turkey

Percy POV

My right leg flared up in pain when I overexerted it. With the action-filled experience over the weekend, I certainly felt the pain and swelling around my knee. The cancer was actually below the knee, but the whole area was hurting.

This was actually the reason why I had to give up swimming. I loved swimming because it reminded me of my dad, but I couldn't do it anymore due to cancer.

I was limping all weekend, and it didn't completely go away on Monday either. Grover, of course, was over-concerned about me even though I kept telling him I was fine. To be honest, I was fine with the pain (I was used to it) and with Calypso.

I didn't have any more feelings for Calypso, and I was over our history. That's exactly what I told her during our conversation at lunch. Our relationship was in the past, and I was okay being friends with her now since she had entered into our friend group.

Besides, I had feelings for someone else now.

I sighed as I walked towards my car. I tried to shake away my feelings for Annabeth all weekend, but I failed. I literally couldn't get her out of my mind.

"Seaweed Brain, wait up," Annabeth called as she started to run over.

Speak of the angel, right?

I couldn't have feelings for her. That was the opposite of what I wanted. Loving people was hard when you had cancer because you hated the prospect of leaving them behind. Also, you hated the idea of them watching you sick and in pain.

"What's up, Wise Girl?" I asked as she stopped in front of me.

"Nothing, I just," she faltered off. "I just had a conversation with Calypso."

"Oh."

I didn't really know what to say. Her tone certainly revealed that she knew the truth.

"Is that why you're a player?" she asked softly.

For some reason, I couldn't lie to her. Calypso had nothing to do with why I was a player. I wasn't scared of getting hurt because I believed that Love was worth the risks.

I simply shook my head.

Annabeth stared at me for a few seconds. I was grateful that she sensed that I didn't want to answer any follow-up questions because she changed the conversation.

"What are your plans for Thanksgiving?" she asked as we made our way to my car. I had to give her a ride because she brought my car to school today.

"Why? Do you want to make plans with me again?" I asked with a smirk.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain. You're so annoying."

I laughed. "Well, I'm down for anything in the bedroom."

She punched my arm as her cheeks turned slightly rosy, which was weird. She never got flustered with my innuendos before. I continued to laugh as I rubbed my arm.

"You know what, I'll get a ride from someone else," she said she started to get out of the car.

"No, Wise Girl, wait," I said as I went forward and grabbed her hand. I pulled her back into the seat. I reveled at the feel of her hand in mine before letting go. I held my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, Wise Girl, I'll stop."

"Good," she said with a smile, and I started to drive.

"Anyway, I'm just spending Thanksgiving with my family. Probably going to do what we always do: eat a lot of food and have a movie marathon."