Chapter 22: The Pool Party

Percy POV

While I shouldn't have made out with Annabeth, I didn't regret it at all.

How could I even regret something that felt so good and so right? Plus, that one make-out session alleviated so many side effects of chemo for the rest of the week.

I was scared that this deal took away my ability to get pain relief and distraction from sex. However, the truth was that sexual experiences with Annabeth worked very well, and they lasted for a longer time as well.

Damn, I was so in love with her.

Regardless, I was beyond grateful that the chemo cycle was over for the month of January. It was like a weight was lifted off of my chest. The encounter with Annabeth in that classroom certainly helped me get through the second half of the cycle.

Things between Annabeth and me sort of went back to normal. We simply ignored what happened in the classroom. Instead, we talked and bantered like how we usually do. I missed her so much over the past three weeks, so at least we were talking now.

However, my feelings were only growing for her despite how hard I tried to push them away.

I hadn't realized I was just staring at Annabeth until Piper called my attention.

"Percy, I have an announcement, but all you're doing is gazing at Annabeth. Is there something we should know?" she asked teasingly.

My cheeks reddened a little as Annabeth turned to me. I sighed.

"What's the announcement?"

"This Saturday, everyone in the squad is invited to an indoor pool party," Piper and Calypso said simultaneously.

"Okay, girls, what's the occasion?" Will asked excitedly. He loved parties.

"No occasion really. This Saturday is January 20th. It marks the date that Annabeth and Percy's deal would've ended. Um, that's not the case anymore, but we already booked the pool, so..."

"It's fine, Piper," Annabeth said softly.

"Yeah, someone had to win the deal. We can celebrate Wise Girl's victory," I said with a smile.

"I don't want to celebrate, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said directly to me. I knew that she still felt bad about what she said to me at the Christmas party.

While I had been hurt, I already forgave her.

"What, Wise Girl? So, you actually wanted to sleep with me," I said with a smirk. My eyes were probably sparkling with light-hearted mischief.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain," she said as she punched my arm.

"That wasn't a no," I said slyly while rubbing my arm. Annabeth had a mean fist.

She simply glared at me before assuring Piper that the party was fine.

Even though we were just joking, I felt strangely happy about the possibility that Annabeth was okay with sleeping with me. Any teenage guy would be happy with Annabeth, considering she was amazing.

I internally sighed. Ugh, I was trying to get away from my feelings for Annabeth. When you had cancer, you didn't like the prospect of leaving the ones you loved. Besides, I couldn't date her because Annabeth didn't deserve to have to watch me suffer from cancer.

That was just too hard for me and for her. Right?

I shook my head and returned my attention to my friends. I was looking forward to spending time with my friends again. Cancer made it hard to spend quality time and have fun with all of my friends, so I was excited about the party.