Chapter 18: The Best & The Worst

Annabeth POV

Part One: The Best

Seaweed Brain was kissing me, and I was kissing back. As my lips moved against his, I felt the feelings coursing between us.

Percy was a very good kisser, which wasn't much of a surprise.

It was possibly the best kiss I've ever had, and it was our first one. Wait, first one as in there would more. No.

Suddenly, the reality of the situation came crashing down. Why was I kissing the player of Goode High? I pulled away from Percy as the Ferris wheel started to move again.

My eyes opened to realize that Percy was already gazing at me. His hand was still caressing my cheek. His deep sea-green eyes held so many emotions of lust and desire.

"Please," he whispered with agony.

Even in my confusion, Percy's lips brushed my lips, yet again. However, I was more aware now and quickly pulled away from his lips before pushing his hand away. I instantly missed his lips and his hands against me, but I ignored it.

I didn't know what to say or even what to think. Percy just kissed me. However, his eyes and that kiss easily went beyond the emotions that a player would have. Percy was frowning as he sadly stared at the carnival fair below us. We both just sat there in silence.

Piper and Jason quickly found us after we got down from the ride. Seaweed Brain and I didn't talk to each other for the rest of the day.

I was so confused right now. Percy said "please" like he was begging for it. While he was known as a player, Percy wasn't the type to beg for sex.

It was almost like he needed it, and he needed it only from me.

***

Part Two: The Worst

Percy and I ignored having the conversation about what happened at the fair. Things were tense and awkward. Surprisingly, Percy seemed to be in his own world for most of the next week. While he came to school, he barely interacted with people.

And, I didn't know why.

Piper was the only person that knew. Piper was amazing at decoding and analyzing people, so she easily sensed the tension and silence between me and Percy. So, of course, she dragged it out of me. Piper kept saying that Percy liked me, but I wasn't too sure.

I didn't know how he actually felt because he barely talked to me after the kiss, and I didn't know how I felt about him or the kiss either.

Hazel interrupted my thoughts, and I was actually grateful.

"Hey, Annabeth, do you think that Katie will like this?" Hazel asked holding up a top.

"I don't know, Hazel. Ask Piper, she's the one that's good at shopping."

"I think Katie will love that, but you should find it in green or purple," Piper replied.

"Thanks, Pipes!"

We were currently shopping at the mall for our Secret Santa gifts. I had to buy something for Leo, and I already knew what I was getting.

Leo apparently wants a pogo stick. Random, I know.

Our Christmas party was scheduled for Christmas Eve at Piper's house. Everyone was very excited as it should be a fun party. Rachel came from the changing room wearing a new light green dress.

"Rachel, you're supposed to be shopping for your assigned person," I said laughing.

"I already got something for him, but I really liked this dress," she replied.