Chapter 16: The Alcohol

Annabeth POV

Thanksgiving break was very low-key, but I did get to spend a lot of time with my brothers, which was nice. However, they were still annoying 10-year-old boys. It was Saturday afternoon, and the boys were playing video games in the living room while I was working on a few architectural designs.

I loved architecture, so sketching buildings and monuments was a nice hobby of mine.

"Hey, Annabeth, I'm stepping out to pick up some groceries. Can you watch the boys?' Helen asked as she popped her head into my bedroom.

"Yeah, no problem, Helen."

"Thank you, Annabeth," she said before leaving.

I took my sketchbook, pencils, and phone before wandering to the living room. My brothers didn't even notice me coming into the room. Boys and their video games, right?

After a few minutes, my phone ringing interrupted my sketching.

I internally groaned. I hated to be interrupted while I was doing work. I glanced at my phone and realized that Percy was face-timing me

"What do you want, Seaweed Brain?" I said in annoyance.

"Woah, Wise Girl, good to see and talk to you, too," Percy said with a chuckle. "What's got you all twisted in a knot?"

"You!" I exclaimed sharply. "You interrupted my sketching."

"Oh, right. I forgot that you're an architecture geek," he said with a smirk.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain," I snapped in frustration. Sometimes, Percy could be so infuriating.

"Wise Girl, do you need me to come over and perform my skills on you? I think that would help a lot," he said as his smirk grew. Percy was (of course) talking about sex. If he was in front of me, I would've sucker-punched the stupid, yet attractive, grin off of his face.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now," I said slyly.

Percy frowned immediately. "No, Wise Girl, wait!"

I huffed as I stared at him. I sometimes forget that Percy was a sex player, but conversations like this brought the truth back harshly. Even though he was joking and trying to get under my skin, these comments made me wonder if he was just doing this to sleep with me.

I sighed. I hated that Percy is a player. I hated having the constant doubt that everything he did was to try to get me in bed.

"Wise Girl."

Percy's call snapped my attention back to him.

"You zoned out, Wise Girl," he said.

"Why did you call me, Percy?" I asked in a more serious tone.

"Just wondering if you were coming to the party tonight?"

"What kind of question is that, Seaweed Brain? It's at Thalia's house, so of course, I'll be there."

"Right," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I hadn't noticed that my brothers had gotten up. "Annabeth, is that your boyfriend?" Matthew asked teasingly. Bobby had a big, sly smile on his face.

"Yup, that's me," Percy shouted excitedly into the phone before I could say no.

Both Matthew and Bobby gasped and started running around the house screaming, "Annie has a boyfriend. Annie has a boyfriend."

Percy was laughing his ass off while I chased my brothers around trying to stop them from shouting that Percy and I were dating. Finally, I returned to the couch.