Chapter 4

It had been a few hours since you had brought Chucky back to your apartment. He was on your bed, eyes closed, asleep. In those few hours, everything had just began to sink in, how he was a living doll and how you were now being hunted down by a some psychotic probable murderer. You feared what he'd do if he'd find the both of you, would he torture you, just as he did with Chucky? Would he kill you? An uneasy feeling washed over you, your palms were sweaty, your lungs feeling heavy, unable to swallow in heavy breaths of air and your heart racing and pounding in your chest. What the hell did you just get yourself into? 

It was getting dark outside. You got up from your chair, creeping silently as you passed your bed, not wanting to wake up the sleeping doll. You walked towards your window, peering out onto the street. Something you saw caused you to flinch, out there, driving on the road was Andy's car. It stopped right in front of your building. Your widened eyes scanned it, hoping and praying that the car your eyes were locked on was just a similar vehicle to Andy's, but as the door opened and he stepped out, you knew it wasn't the case. He walked towards the building, disappearing out of your sight as he entered in.

You rushed towards the bed, “Chucky!" You whisper shouted, watching as he turned away from you, groaning in response to you calling his name. “Wake up! Andy's here!" You yelled, trying to get him to wake up but being ignored as you were met with his silence.

Andy was probably on the way up to your room right now, and here you were, still in there with the living doll this guy was after. “WAKE UP!" You yelled, shoving the doll roughly, causing him to sit up in irritation. “FUCK! WHAT!??" He questioned angrily, leaving you to wince at his volume, hoping Andy wasn't already on your floor to be able to hear him.

You opened your mouth to answer but got cut off by a loud bang on your door, you whimpered at the sound. “Andy's out there!" You whisper shouted through gritted teeth, frustrated at the fact that you were the only one panicking in this situation. Chucky's eyes widened as he finally processed everything that was playing out before him. “Shit!" He cursed, his tone of voice similar to yours.

“Hello??? (Y/n)?? Are you in there!?" Andy asked, his frantic voice muffled through the door. The both of you stared at eachother, not wanting to make a sound, but also wanting to communicate and plan how you both were going to escape. You grabbed you keys from your nightstand, causing them to rattle slightly. “I heard something! God, please open up! " You heard the door knob rattle, thanking God you locked it. “We'll have to use the fire escape..." You whispered, turning your head towards your window. Chucky didn't respond, watching as you tried hard to open your window. You growled, forcing yourself to  push harder until it finally budged.

You grabbed him from the bed, surprising him slightly. He didn't have much time to react before you exited the window. You huffed as you feet made contact with the shakey stand, fearing that you would break through it due to it being so old and run down through the years from lack of use. You quickly climbed down the first set of stairs, and then the second, then third, until you made your way to the last. You panted for awhile, before walking to the edge of the stand, forcing the rusty old metal ladder to push down so you could climb to the sidewalk. It slammed onto the concrete, the sound booming and echoing through the empty neighbourhood. You used your free hand to grip  tightly onto the rust stained rails, worrying about losing your grip due to how nervous you were and how wet your palms were with cold sweat.

Your legs finally met the concrete sidewalk as a wave of relief washed over your body. But this wasn't the end of it. The door of the building's exit burst open, causing you to shriek, running to your car that was parked not far from the building. You shoved your hand into your pocket, taking out your keys. Your hand shook violently with fear as every key you owned rattled in your palm. You tried so desperately to find your car's key, hearing Andy's desperate pleas for you to stop in the background. You finally got the correct key, diving it into the hole and twisted it, opening your car door and getting in fast. You locked it straight after, chucking the doll into the front passenger seat next to you. Andy shoved himself onto your car window, banging on it violently, his words unintelligible.

You eyes met his for a split second, causing fear to rush through your whole body. You stepped on the gas without hesitation, speeding away quickly. Chucky's crazed laughter followed, your eyes turned to him for a second, watching as he rolled down the window of the door, sticking his head out from it. “Catch ya later, ya washed up fuck!" The doll yelled out from the window, flipping the man off and cackling right after as he watched Andy try his hardest to keep up with car.

The dolls laughs continued for awhile before dying down as he rolled up the window. He sighed, sounding satisfied with his actions. You didn't stop, your instinct to keep going as fast as possible to escape Andy even though you already did. Your heart was pounding in your eardrums, your mind being flooded with more thoughts than you could even comprehend.

Chucky turned around to look out of the rear windshield before turning back around to look at you. “Looks like we lost him." He stated, not getting a reaction out of you. He stared at you, wondering if you even heard him. “Hey!" He yelled, causing you to gasp, turning your head to look at him before turning it back to look at the road. “Snap out of it! " He demanded, annoyed at how shaken up you were. You didn't respond, not knowing how to without possibly pissing him off even more.

An awkward silence began to fill the vehicle, nothing could be heard except the sound of the car's rubber tires running over tiny rocks as it drove over the road. You were so concentrated that you didn't even notice the tiny hand reaching for the radio to turn it on. Chucky relaxed back in his seat, hearing the radio play softly in the background, replacing the silence. An advertisement was on, being muffled by static as a professional male voice promoted a new cleaning product, with it's faint theme song playing in the background of his voice.

Chucky's eyes began to widen as he felt his stomach rumble. It had been awhile since his last meal and with all the distractions, it was hard to focus on the emptiness in his stomach.  To think of it, he couldn't even remember the last time he even ate.

“Shit.." he cussed, gaining your attention. “What's wrong?" You asked, not taking your eyes off of the road. He looked out of the window beside you, seeing a convenience store that you were just about to pass. “Stop!!" He ordered harshly, causing you to hit the brakes immediately, relieved that there were no cars behind you. You whipped your head towards him, wanting to know what he had made you stop out of nowhere for.

“Pull up over there." He told, extending his index finger towards the store, pointing at it. Your eyes widened as you realized that he was pointing at the place you previously worked at before getting fired. “The conviniance store?" You questioned ignorantly. “No, the fucking dumpster next to it, the fuck do ya think!?" He snapped sarcastically, causing you to feel stupid considering there was nothing else that he could've been pointing at.

You did as you were told, pulling up infront of the conviniance store before looking at him once again. “So, why are we here?" You asked. “I'm hungry." He answered, his tone dripping with annoyance. You cocked an eyebrow hearing his response. He was a doll, even possessed, he was still a doll. How could he be hungry? “You're hungry...?" You repeated his statement, your face scrunching into a confused expression. “Are you fucking deaf!?" He snapped once again. The discomfort he felt in his stomach only grew, causing him to growl.

“Here's what'cha gonna do." He began. “Get in there, get me some fucking food. Simple enough for ya? Or do I need to draw you a fucking map for every step ya have to take too? " He questioned, his sarcasm not leaving. “But, I don't even have any cash on me.." you told, hesitantly, expecting another frightful outburst from him. “The hell do you mean, you don't got any cash on you!?"

You didn't know how to respond to him without getting him more angry. You winced, hearing him inhale sharply, watching as he squeezed the space between his eyes in frustration.

“Get out." He simply said. “W... What?" You asked, wondering why he still wanted you to go into the store, knowing full well you didn't have any money with you. “Get the fuck out of this fucking car! " He demanded, growing tired of how long it was taking for you to step out of the vehicle.

You stared at him, debating on whether you should leave the car or not. "DO IT!" He let his voice boom, causing you to open your door without hesitation, stepping out and closing it behind you. You watched as his face held annoyance, eyes narrowed angrily. He pointed towards the store, signalling for you to go in. You turned towards it, staring at it for a moment before sighing.