Chapter 3

The sound of the front door's knob turning caused you to stiffen with realization and fear.

Shit. He's back...

~

“Fuck..." The doll cursed as it heard the front door open. “Carry me." It ordered firmly, catching you by surprise. “W... What?" You stuttered with confusion. “You heard me! " It whisper shouted. You rushed towards it, scooping it up into your arms. “Get me out of this shithole already!" It demanded, causing you to make a run for the exit of the room.

Your body came in contact with Andy's, bumping into him hard and pushing him away as you ran to the back. You could hear him yelling for you to stop but you ignored his cries, trying to find an exit. You ran into what you assumed was the kitchen, seeing a fully broken window with a tree branch growing into it. The window was above the sink, meaning you had to climb over it and climb out of the window to escape.

You panted for awhile before finally doing so, twisting your ankle in the process as you were unable to use your hands. The tree branch also ended scratching your arms. Your legs met with the ground, the feeling of relief washing over you. You ran across the street, feeling grateful that there were no cars passing at that exact moment. You ran into an alley right next to your apartment's building, hiding behind a dumpster to catch your breath. Your squatted down as your back pressed firmly against the brick wall. You looked down, seeing that you were still holding this living doll in your arms. You reacted fast, basically shoving it onto the ground only to receive an angry growl from it.

“Think you could throw me harder onto the  fucking ground next time? It's not like my legs are numb as fuck right now! " It quipped harshly, leaning against the dumpster for balance. “God, I'm so sorry! " You apologized, watching as it stretched it's legs before finally being able to stand properly. It peeped out from the side of the dumpster, watching as Andy got into his car, driving away, probably to try and find the both of you around the area.

The doll turned around the face you. “He's gone. For now." It informed, it's blue eyes gazing at you. A chill ran down your spine as you noticed how life like they looked, partly reflecting the sun light. The shine they held wasn't because they were made from glass, as how other doll's eyes were. They were moist, slightly blood shot, and unbelievably realistic, making you feel extremely uncomfortable as you stared at them. Little did you know, the feeling was mutual.

“What are you looking at?" It asked, harshly, causing you to look away, ashamed. “Yeah, I'm a possessed doll. Get used to it." It said, glaring daggers at you. “Sorry. Sorry... " You apologized, terrified at offending it. “Yeah, yeah, whatever." It grumbled, waving you off with it's tiny hand. “Do you have another place we could hide out at or are you planning on hiding behind this dumpster forever?" It asked bitterly.

“Not that I'll judge or anything, but uh... You do realize that he'll find us sooner or later if you don't hurry the fuck up and find another spot for us to go to, right?" It questioned sarcastically after being met with no response from you.

You thought for a moment, debating on whether you were actually going to bring this living abomination back to your apartment or not. “Well??" It's voice sounded once again, snapping you out of your thoughts. You sighed. “We're right next to my apartment's building. " You told, part of you regretting your choice of revealing that information. “Well, great! What the hell are we waiting for then!?" It asked, causing you to wince at the volume and tone of it's voice. You got up from your squatted position before carrying it up and walking out of the alley, scanning the area for any signs of Andy. Not seeing him or his car anywhere, you sighed in relief, walking into the building.

You took the elevator up to your floor, exiting it as the doors opened. You walked down the dimly lit hallway, passing the other rooms, most of them being empty. You stopped infront of your room, taking out your keys from you pocket and unlocking the door.

You entered your room, shutting and locking the door behind you before setting the doll down onto the floor. You felt embarrassed, watching as it looked around your apartment. Your room wasn't the cleanest, it could've used some clearing up. You followed the doll as it made it's way onto your bed, leaning on the pillow and relaxing in a seated position. It let a sigh of relaxation escape it's lips as it closed it's eyes for awhile. God knows how long it had been since it had a comfortable bed to rest on, or time to rest at all. You pulled up a chair from your desk, placing it so it faced your bed before sitting. You stared at it closely, finally being able to observe it better. It's eyes then shot open again, seeing you staring at it, causing you to jump slightly in surprise. “What now?" It asked, annoyance being heard clearly in it's tone.

“Sorry, it's just a lot to take in, it's confusing..." You apologized watching as it rolled it's eyes. “Guess we're gonna be stuck with eachother for awhile...” it thought out loud. “You might as well get to know me... Got any questions?" It asked causing you to look at it with confusion, not expecting it to give in so easily. You nodded, questions beginning to pop up into your mind. “Well, hurry the fuck up then."

“What's your name? If you have one." You questioned, seeing the bored expression plastered upon it's face. “My friends call me Chucky." It answered, it's tone disturbingly low, and hinted with pride.

“Chucky..." You repeated, watching him grin as he heard his name escape your lips. “What else?" He asked, waiting for your next question. “Um... So, you're a possessed doll, right?" You asked, recalling him stating that twice already. He changed his position, sitting up right and facing you. “Yeah, have been for a few years now..." He answered, looking down at his body, slight anger being seen in his eyes. “A few years? So what were you before this? Human?" You asked, watching as he nodded. “Yeah, ‘til I got shot and killed by some asshole..." He told, hatred flashing in his tone and eyes, causing yours to widen.

“How did you even get in there?" You asked, repeating the question you had just previously asked yourself in your head.

“It was kind of a last minute thing... I knew I was gonna die and that wasn't the way I wanted to go. The last option I had was the transfer my soul into a doll using voodoo, it was the closest thing to me at that moment..." He explained. “Why did the guy shoot you? " You asked curiously, wondering what he possibly could have done to anger someone into shooting him.

Chucky stayed silent, thinking, debating with himself, if he told you that the reason he got shot was because he was a serial killer and the guy who shot him was a cop, you'd definitely refuse to help him ever again, and as much as he hated to admit it, he needed your help, he would've been stuck inside that old run down house, getting tortured for much longer if you hadn't decided to go in to investigate. He growled, wanting you to hear it so you knew he didn't want to answer your question. “I think you've asked enough questions for today. " He then said, blowing off your question, causing you to cock an eyebrow with confusion thinking about how you have only asked him just a few questions so far. You opened your mouth to say something but closed it right after, something told you to leave it be, a feeling that twisted in your guts. Maybe being too curious wasn't such a good idea...