Chapter 73 - These beautiful cheekbones are my best asset

Why do you like thunderstorms?" "Because it shows that even nature needs to scream sometimes.

- E.D

I gently moved the muscles of my face to inspect the damage. I did end up going to Amycus after supper. I thought about it for a while and even though Draco had been far too rude, he did have a point. I was allowed to stand up for myself and others, but refusing the punishment for it was looking for trouble. I volunteered to get hurt instead of the first-years so it would have been hypocritical of me to not show up.

It did result in some bruising and some cuts, but I knew that he'd gone easy on me. The Gryffindors had undergone far worse punishment. In the end, almost everyone agreed to perform the Imperius curse next lesson and so did Tracey and I. I could do so without hurting other people.

I however would not perform the Cruciatus Curse on a first-year and most others kept refusing that too. I'd rather have a first-year perform it on me than the other way around. They were only eleven.

"Are you alright, Master?" I heard. I turned around to be met with Kreacher.

"Kreacher, I was wondering when I'd hear from you", I smiled at him.

"Kreacher just got the letter from Harry Potter, Master", he bent down slightly.

"I hope you're happy with the news."

"I am, Master, but your wounds should be taken care of. Shall Kreacher fetch the nurse for Master?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll fix myself up at my dorm, it's not a big deal. In the meantime, do you wish to continue working in the Hogwarts kitchens or would you prefer another job?"

"Anything Master wants me to do."

"Well I'd like to keep you around if that's fine with you. If you like working at the Kitchens you can stay there during my time at school, but you don't have to", I said. I had ownership over this elf now, but I didn't want him to be my little assistant. I just wanted him to be happier.

"Kreacher will work in the Kitchens, Master", he bowed again.

"Great, let me know if there is anything you need, okay? I need to go back to the common room now, but I'll visit you shortly, okay?"

"Yes, thank you, Master", he said before walking away.

"Wasn't he Potter's elf?" Tracey frowned. She looked a little bit worse, as she was not a pure-blood, but she too got spared from most bullying.

"Long story", I sighed.

"Lea?" Tracey asked slowly, stopping in front of the door to the common room.

"Yeah?"

"There's a war coming, isn't there? Another Wizarding War?" I hadn't even seen Tracey look scared, she didn't easily get scared, but right now she looked terribly uneasy. She was a Slytherin because she was cunning and fierce, but she wasn't on Voldemort's side like most Slytherins. She didn't know what was going on. She was rightfully scared.

"I'm afraid so", I whispered, looking down. I didn't think about it much, but a war was brewing. Maybe it wouldn't happen tomorrow, but it wouldn't be long. It would never stop until either Harry Potter or Voldemort was dead.

"So many people died in the first war, Lea. I don't want to die yet", Tracey said, her voice shaking slightly.

"Hey, you're not going to die, Trace", I said and pulled her into a hug. "This war isn't about us. It's about Potter and the Dark Lord. We might not even notice anything. And you're a halfblood Slytherin, Tracey. Whoever wins the war, you won't be in trouble. Voldemort's side will accept all Slytherins and the other side will trust you when they find out you're not involved with the Dark Lord at all."