.64.

"Jesus, Isla, you look amazing!" Gray stopped short to stare at me with raw desire in his gorgeous green eyes.

So did he. Gray looked as if he could have stepped off the set of a superhero movie with his structured jawline, his rock-hard body, and his broody Hollywood star looks.

A shiver of excitement tingled up my spine as we stared at each other like love-struck teenagers.

"You got here just in time for us to leave," Rebecca reported.

"Did something happen?" Gray asked me.

"Yes!" Rebecca exclaimed. "You missed all the fireworks, Gray. Maleficent lost her mind and Isla finally stood up for herself and quit."

"You didn't have to say finally," I muttered.

"Yes," Rebecca leveled me with a no-nonsense look. "I did, chica. It's about time you told Maleficent to fuck off! In fact, I'm thinking about doing the same thing."

"You quit?" Gray asked.

"Yes," I answered. "What are you doing here?"

"Rebecca invited me," Gray explained. "I was going to show up and surprise you."

"Aw," I tilted my head to marvel at how ridiculously cute that was. "Wanna get the hell out of here?"

"Yes," he nodded decisively.

"Let's go bar hopping and celebrate Isla quitting!" Rebecca squealed.

"Hey, sorry that took so long," Bart jogged up to our group holding a pile of heavy winter coats. "Holy shit, dude, that Batman suit is awesome!"

"Thanks, that Bane getup is dope," Gray replied.

"Which is why we need to go bar hopping!" Rebecca cheered. "We look amazing and we can't waste these costumes! Let's go find some fun!"

Like a perfect gentleman, Gray glanced at me to see if I felt the same way.

"Listen," I started. "I'm exhausted, I'm sticky from Maleficent's drink, I'm more than a little freaked out that I just quit my job, and all I want to do is talk to Gray."

Rebecca scrunched up her nose to study me for a few seconds while Bart helped her into her fur-lined coat.

"Fine," she pouted. "Gray, will you get her home safe?"

"Of course," he replied and reached over to pull me into his side. His comforting body heat radiated through the stiff material of his costume. "Be safe tonight you guys. Swear to me you won't drink and drive! Swear to me!"

Gray's gravelly Batman impression was both sexy as hell and hilarious. Our laughter echoed into the lobby as we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

He led me out the front doors and gave his parking stub to the valet so they could fetch his impressive sports car. It was close to freezing outside, but I was bundled up in a puffy jacket and nestled under Gray's strong arm to feel perfectly safe and sound. The drum of the rain on the pavement mixed with the late-night sounds of the city and I inhaled a deep, grateful breath.

Gray's thoughtful surprise was exactly what I needed. 

It was clear that he had been planning this with Rebecca, and I was beyond impressed that Gray was willing to attend a party that Braxon would be at just to see me. Just to talk to me. I didn't want to squander my second chance. 

When Gray's sleek Ferrari hummed into view everyone outside the hotel stopped and stared as Batman helped Cat Woman into the luxury vehicle (which kind of resembled the Batmobile).