💀Strangers 💀

💀Rem POV💀

I waited for the couple to fall asleep before I left to have some time to myself. I had a lot in mind. I was embarrassed that I wasted a day with (y/n), fighting with Light. I only teased and mislead myself into thinking my friendship with (y/n) could go any further. I can't believe that I allowed my emotions to blind me. I felt like an idiot. How could I allow myself to feel this way for a human? This is stupid and life threatening.

I mean is it really worth it? Is loving a human so important that I can sacrifice myself just to tell her how I feel? The more I thought about it, the more I came to my senses. Of course I couldn't make my feeling for (y/n) disappear just like that, but I could learn to ignore them. I don't want to die. Even if she has Light, I don't want to leave her.

I want to spend the rest of her life with her. If the day comes where I die as punishment, so be it. I had a good life. I wouldn't regret a thing. If loving a human is so wrong, I don't want to be right. Die for (y/n)? I would in a heartbeat. I'd do anything for her, it'd all be worth it. If you ask me, the situation only makes things all the more romantic.

Yes, things are one sided, but if I were to die, I would forever live on in (y/n)'s memory. Which means I made an impact on her. That's enough for me.

Don't get me wrong though, just because I accepted the fact that I can't be with (y/n), doesn't mean I'll stop spending time with her. No, I want to spend as much time as I can with her before she dies. She still has quite a decent amount of time left, but every second counts right?

💀Light POV next morning💀

I blinked, my eyes open as I awoke. I smiled as I faced the girl I've come to love. I looked down at her peaceful face, that was snuggled into my chest. I brought my hand to her forehead and brushed a few strands of hair out of her face. I kissed her cheek and started to get up from the bed. As soon as I started to move, I felt a hand grip tightly on the back of my shirt.

I didn't pay attention to her arm that was wrapped around me until that moment. I glanced down at my girlfriend to find her piercing eyes, staring back. She frowned at me with her half-lidded eyes.

"Stay." Her sleepy voice was demanding, but cute.

"No, I have to get up."

"Why?"

I could tell by her voice that she was still half sleep.

"To make your breakfast."

Finishing my sentence, I pulled away from her and walked to the bathroom. I ignored her complaining groans as I started to freshen up.

(Y/n) now sat up in our bed, rubbing her eyes lazily.

"What day is it?" she yawned.

"Wednesday!" I yelled from the bathroom.

"Oh."

I brushed my teeth along with my hair before speaking again.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?"

"Hmm... I could really go for some pancakes right now."

"Pancakes?" I said peaking my head out from the bathroom door.

I blushed when I looked at her. I didn't realize her lack of clothes earlier. She was wearing one of my shirts, which was too big for her, with only her undergarments under.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Huh? Oh right, pancakes... We can pick some up on the way to school."