three

Not long after shopping, the three arrived home.

As Haechan began putting away the newly bought items, Yunhee played with Kyungsan.

"Mommy?" Kyungsan asked, gaining Yunhee's attention and made her hum in response.

"Why does Daddy look mad?" Kyungsan asked which made Yunhee turn to her soulmate who had a seemingly annoyed expression.

"It's... nothing." Yunhee told the boy, not wanting to ruin his bright mood.

Kyungsan stared at the two back and forth, knowing damn well it was a lie but he didn't want to drag it on.

"Hey Yunhee," Haechan began, making Yunhee face him. "Go get your stuff and bring it here. We can arrange it all and get it over with." Haechan bluntly said and Yunhee nodded, not wanting to put him in an even worse mood.

"I'll be back in a bit." She told Kyungsan who only nodded and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"I'll make sure Daddy gets happy again." Kyungsan whispered and Yunhee smiled sweetly, knowing she had a caring son.

Yunhee got up and headed toward the door, making sure the sound of it opening was evident to Haechan.

Her gaze averted back to see Kyungsan hopping to Haechan, instantly lifting the man's mood.

Yunhee noticed how bright Haechan can be without her around. His smile was gorgeous and he could light up a room in an instant.

She saw the light in his eyes when he was near Kyungsan and it was obvious that he fell in love with his new child.

She noticed that when he was with her, his mood would darken in an instant and she couldn't blame him at all.

With a solemn look, Yunhee walked out the door and shut it behind her before making her way back to her own apartment, readying to get her stuff packed up.

She arrived to her small apartment not too long after. As she inspected her room, she realized she would really only need to bring clothes and important necessities since Haechan practically had everything else. After all, it was his home.

Yunhee looked around for old boxes, stuffing her items inside.

After about an hour or so, she finally had her stuff packed and told herself she would sell the apartment and items she left inside. It no longer had use to her.

In front of her were around 4 boxes, all quite heavy. She let out a loud groan as she realized she would be struggling to take them all down the stairwell and to her car. She wished Haechan would have at least offered to help but she really didn't expect it. He did hate her after all.

Yunhee grabbed the first box, muscles starting to strain slightly already.

After much difficulty, she managed to get the first box downstairs and on the sidewalk.

She let out a loud huff of air, wishing she could have at least a bit of help from anyone.

As if on cue, Jaemin had happened to appear, seemingly walking back home.

His eyes landed on Yunhee and he immediately stopped, slightly in shock. He noticed her tired state and saw what it looked like to be her moving and he contemplated on going to her to help.

After fighting a few thoughts in his head, he suddenly called out her name, catching her attention.

Her eyes widened at his presence and she became scared again. She looked like a lost deer, not knowing what to do.

"What are you up to?" Jaemin awkwardly asked, not really knowing how to communicate with her after the events from a mere few days ago.

"Uh- I'm moving my stuff. Haechan told me to." She said with an awkward laugh.

"Ah right. How's it going with you two?" He asked, curious as to how his friend was putting up with it all. He noticed her sad eyes as she began to speak.

"He pretty much hates every single thing about me." She said, trying her hardest not to seem affected but very much was and Jaemin felt pity.

"How about this, I can help you move your stuff since it's pretty obvious you're struggling here and I'll go ahead and have a talk with Haechan." Jaemin offered and her eyes lit up at his words.

"You would really do that?" She asked, astonished by him and he nodded which made slight tears form in her eyes.

"Thank you so much! And Jaemin, I'm really truly sorry about the stuff I did. I don't know what got over me to do that and if I had known she was your soulmate, I would have backed off immediately. I never wanted to have you guys on the brink of death. There are no words to explain how sorry I am." Yunhee said out, small tears falling from her eyes.

"I'm not ready to forgive you just yet but I will help you with this. You are my best friends soulmate after all." He told the girl and she understood him completely.

"Thank you, Jaemin. I truly appreciate this so much." She said softly before unlocking her car and grabbing the heavy box to put inside.

"I'll show you to my apartment." She told him since he had also offered to help with the boxes.

With that, he followed her up the stairs, carrying two boxes whilst she carried one as it was the maximum amount of strength she had.

The trip up and down the stairs were in an awkward silence, the two not knowing what to say to each other.

Once they put the last box in her car, Yunhee faced Jaemin with a smile.

"Thank you so much for this Jaemin!" She exclaimed happily, thankful for his helpful act.

"It's no problem." He replied and returned the smile.

"Do you need me to give you a ride to Haechan's house? Or would you rather talk to him another time?" She asked the boy.

"A ride would be nice. It'll be best to get this over with now. I would love to do this with Jiyeon but it seems like she would only agree with Haechan and possibly try and fight you." Jaemin said with a small laugh and Yunhee just gave an awkward smile in return, remembering how Jiyeon hated her too.

"Yeah.. Let's go." She told him and got into the drivers seat of the car while Jaemin entered the passengers.

The two were silent the entire car ride, not wanting to talk. The only sounds were that of the music Yunhee had and the movements of the items in her boxes moving back and forth on the ride.

They arrived not too long after and Yunhee prepared herself for the possible pain she would have to feel in a mere few minutes.

———————————————
i got into an accident in the middle of writing this. it was scary but thankfully everyone in my car is okay.

how are you guys doing? i hope it's well.

also please vote and comment. it'll inspire me to write more :)

lots of love,
t <3