Chapter 8

I was knocked down instantly, my ribs crushed under the powerful weight of something hidden in the darkness. Knox was speaking softly, saying words in what sounded like a different language I couldn't identify. The weight shifted off of me and I heard a low growl. I sat up, grunting and Knox laughed, helping me to my feet. Next to the fire sat an..Eagle?

"No. Not a Eagle. Not even remotely. I am Odette. An Alkonost. In a more simple term for your puny human brain. I am part Faen and part Blackwing." She read my mind. Literally.

As Odette said this I couldn't register it. I was staring at a women with sleek black hair and large breasts, her eyes sharp blue and staring through me harshly. her body slowly faded from the white skin to shiny black feathers at her waist. Her back stretch out, large wings blowing my hair backwards and almost putting out the fire. Suddenly, Odette flew into the air, a loud screech roaring around us. As she landed she slowly grew smaller, landing next to knox. Now, stood a tall woman. Wearing little clothing covering her waist and breast with silver armor. Knox laughed again and hugged her, rubbing her bare shoulders. I stood confused.

"I missed you Odette..I thought you died. All those years ago. You never came for me." He swallowed and his Adam's Apple was visable.

"I wanted to Knox, I did. Your father trapped me in my den. He used gold against me. Somehow he knew it's my weakness."

"He's gone. I think anyway. I left home when I could. He took me away from Denmarrow Odette. I never saw anyone again."

For a moment they sat like this, hugging eachother tightly. Knox let go and cleared his throat, smiling a little. He looked over at me, still standing and processing.

"This is Cyra. One of our newest members...And a friend." Knox sat back down again and Odette walked over to me, looking up and down at me like I was something she pulled out of a gutter.

"Pleasure. Does she talk or is she one of those mute ones?"

"Oh no I say plenty of words. Pleasure to meet you aswell." I try to say confidently but my voice sounds small compared to hers.

"What's your ability?"

"Well-"

"We are discovering it as we go Odette. Not everyone finds it fast." Knox says to her, giving Odette a look. I knew what it meant. Easy up, she's new.

"Right. Not everyone is.."

"Special? I know. I told him I was a waste of time but here we are." I went back to my spot near Knox and sat down. Not to give off that I was feeling possessive of him. He wasn't even mine. But I guess I gave off that impression anyway because Odette came striding over, sitting ontop of Knox's left leg. He let out a chuckle and wrapped his arms around her waist, watching the fire. She wrapped her long and muscular legs around around his side, luckily hiding whatever was under that small skirt. I kept my eyes on the twig I was playing with.

"How did you find us though?" Knox said, breaking the silence.

"Well, after I got out of my den, your father was long gone with you, I looked all day and searched the entire Denmarrow land. He was well hidden. So I went back to my tribe. Faen's are supposed to keep safety and security throughout the realms we visit. I couldn't keep you safe and I'm sorry for that, I really am."

Knox told her it was okay. She looked up at me for a moment and gave me a sly grin. I gave her a cheesy toothy grin and she rolled her eyes, annoyed.

"Anyway, almost two weeks ago we recieved a wierd signal. Everything was fine in Alfheim, my home, but around noon, a huge surge hit 50 realms. It wasn't just a normal quake Knox. It knocked down homes and caused rock slides. It lasted only for a moment though. I felt something strange when it did happen, so I hopped through a few portals and somehow it led me here. Where I found you two." She gave me a small irritated look, like she was dissapointed that I was with him too.