Chapter 12

I let go for air, Knox's hands gripping my thighs. My fingers were tangled in his dark, silky hair and I was pressed against the wall with all his force. One second he was telling me off the next...Oh shit. I loosen his grip and regain my balance on the ground. "We can't-" I start to form my words when suddenly his mouth is reconnected with mine. I just melt into his lips. I couldn't resist it, no matter how hard I really wanted to. In the back of my mind Avalon appeared, I can just see the overwhelming depression fill her face if she ever knew. I grunt and again, shove him back. "We CAN'T Knox!" I say a bit louder, so out of breath and very flushed. He's breathing heavily too, staring into my eyes. 

"I'll leave her." He says all too quickly.

"No." I say with a sigh.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me in, so close to my lips..I can't resist. I must. I can't. I fall for it. I grab the back of his head and pull him in. His hands slip into new territory and my legs practically turn into jello. As I'm leaning into him I try to speak, "You can't....Tell..." He kisses me mid-sentence, and as he pulls away he nods, letting me know he truly understands. I created distance from the wall and together we collapse onto the bed as one big mess. 

Knox 

Staring at Cyra against the wall...I just break. Staring at all her features, her plump lips, sharp green eyes. The way her clothing hugs her figure. Ever since she stood in front of me, I had butterflies in my stomach. Even meeting Avalon I wasn't this...Crazy. I can't help but take her. I want her on me. I pick her up, sitting her on the wall and wrap her thighs around me. I kiss her hard, her lips are so soft. I work my way down to her neck as her fingers pull my hair. I don't care, she could pull as hard as she wants, I can't resist her. I move back up to her lips and lean farther into her. I think of Avalon, when she would sneak into my office after teaching her classes. THe way she would feel when she moved in my lap. I love her with all my heart, but my heart does not long for her. Not the way it longs for Cyra in deep silence. Suddenly she pulls away, breathing heavily. I wish we would never have to stop. Never in a million years. She gave me hope, as I reassure her this is our secret, that I'll never have to stop.

Esteria 

I hang up a few more decorations for Cyra's 20th Birthday tomorrow. I look over and see Malakai somehow already finished his section. I jump down from the stool and look at our work. 

"I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself" I say, knowing giving myself all the credit will strike his little nerve. He rolled his eyes and suddenly his face fell serious.

"You think Cyra being here is a good thing..?" He seemed to be asking genuinely.

"I mean don't you have a thing for her anyways?" I say, honestly hoping to push this information out. "I think her being here is the last hope we have for the Crimson." I shrug, cleaning up the trash leftover from decorating. 

"I like her as a friend, not anything more." He said with more of a questioning tone.

"Sure."

"I don't fuck everyone who walks through the door Esteria, so stop being a bitch." He said loudly but very angrily. He quickly looking away. He knows he's never gotten too worked up over our bickering. I sigh and start to close up the Dining Room as we walk out. I feel his presence behind me still. 

"Still have more?" I ask, fiddling with the keys until I find the right one to lock the doors. 

"I've actually changed a lot, and it was actually for one specific person in my life. Now I realize that no matter what I do, say, act like, this one person will never give me any benefit or encouragement even though I've given her my fucking best chance." I look at him, clenched fists and tense jaw. Deep down I knew who he had given that chance to. 

Cyra 

I wake up to clatter and chatting over my head. 

"Maybe we should poor water on her head.." 

"Or 20 birthday punches.." 

I sit up, rubbing my head. The memories of last night flood into my mind and I can't help but smile. 

"Happy Birthday!!" Everyone says in unison. I smile and get up, pulling them together into a giant hug.

"You guys are truly my best friends, thank you so much." I say, squeezing tight. It lasted for about 10 seconds before everyone started pushing, shoving, pinching, and fighting with each other. I plopped back down onto the bed, smiling at the sight of everyone regardless. On the floor in front of me laid a pile of presents calling my name, today would be alright.