Chapter 10

"Cyra!" Esteria yelled ahead of me, "Get ready, don't be fooled by how they look either. Kill all of them. If you're not sure if it's me and Margot...Kill it anyway."

WHAT

Suddenly, everything around us was dark.

"Dammit, we got Knox.." Esteria came to a stop and I rammed into the nearest tree to slow down.

"W-hat do you mean.." I bent over, catching my breath.

"Ahh okay, quick update. So you have to battle Knox, Conan, Shane, or Oskar. Oksar is the easiest, healing powers are sucky to defend yourself with..But the others are a bit tougher, Knox being the hardest to beat. God da-"

Everything was slowly becoming pitch black. When Esteria turned around, her snake like emerald eyes were bright against the pressing dark. Both of Margot's eyes were different. One was blood red and the other a deep orange. I could see in the reflection of there eyes, that mine were a bright silver.

"Stick close to me Cyra. Watch the trees. Remember, everything can be a delusion. Kill what you see, you never know what's playing tricks on you. Expecially since we are going up against Knox-"

Everything went extremely quiet, if felt like our breathing even echoed through the thick dark oaks, standing above us at atleast 20ft or more. They slowly faded away into Silhouettes. Esteria snapped her fingers together, A large flame hung over her left hand. I stayed as close as I could to the ball of fire. I heard something shift to the left of the path, I felt for my quiver and snagged an arrow from the top, holding it tight to the bow. My breathing was quiet, but I felt like I could hear it grow louder and louder with my heartbeat. When I heard another shuffle, I pointed towards the sound, releasing the arrow.
I heard a small scream and a bright flash.

"You got one..Nice shot." Esteria said, her voice sounded impressed but I couldn't see her face anymore. I heard a sharp Zing. Esteria must have her sword out. We moved on slowly, following the small glow of Esteria's fire-filled hand. Suddenly, it went out without warning. I could hear struggling noises, Esteria grunting somewhere to my left, and another small flash of light, which illuminated Esteria and Margot's faces. It was out quickly though. Something grabbed me from behind, twisting a cold, boney arm around my neck, pulling back forcefully. I gagged, struggling. I swung my arm back, hitting another boney part. The arm loosened around my neck and I grabbed another arrow, driving it through whatever I could feel. Another flash of light went off in front of me, and for a moment, I caught sight of them all. Distorted human like figures, little flesh was hanging off of their decaying bones. Then it went dark..Everything was too quiet.

"Esteria! MARGOT!" I yelled as loudly as I could..No response. I started to run, I didn't know what direction I was going in. I heard more grunting up ahead, and another loud Zing.

"Cyra! Thank god." I heard Esteria's voice..Only it was a little deeper and raspy.

"I'm fine I'm fine..Margot?" I called her name, trying to find out if she was still with us. It got a little lighter, and all I could see were silhouettes in front of me. I heard a loud thud and what sounded like a faint scream that stopped suddenly before it started. Then Margot spoke.

"Yeah..I'm here."

"What are these things?!" I felt down to my waist, grabbing my pocket knife.

"Knox's little minions. Everyone he killed. Well their remains anyway, doing his work until he sends them back to where they belong. Dead in the ground." Margot explained, her voice sounding angered.

"Quicker we find our way out of here, the better. Any ideas? Esteria can you light another..Hand ball thing." I asked, feeling my way around the trees.