Chapter 2

2. A few hours later - The White Castle - Emma's POV

I can see people dancing but really I'm just bored out of my mind. Don't get me wrong I love my parents but sometimes I wish my life was easier not so royal especially since my sister was declared dead it has been really complicated with me becoming the new heir.
I wish they would have just let me make a trip outside of the castle instead of throwing a ball. I don't even like these huge events.

"My princess would you do me the honor to give me one dance" I hear someone say coming out of my thoughts. I can see a man in front of me holding out his hand. I've seen him before but I can't quite place my finger on it, there is something about him that reminds me a lot of a pirate I think to myself before looking back at him.

"I'm really sorry but I must decline," I answer, trying to get out of this situation without sounding too harsh, if my parents taught me one thing it was to always be respectful towards others.
Suddenly my mother is behind me interrupting the conversation.

"Prince Killian what a pleasure to see you again. Of course my daughter would like a dance to get to know you." She explains making me wonder why she'd want me to get to know him, I have a really bad feeling about this.

"It's really good to see you again as well, your majesty" he bows a little and then takes my hand and leads me to the middle of the room having me follow reluctantly.

"Why didn't you want to dance? We should probably at least get to know each other before the wedding on Saturday." He exclaims sounding slightly annoyed, though hearing that I nearly choke.

"The what?!" I snap, staring at him, this couldn't be real right? My parents wouldn't.. would they? I question myself.

"Our wedding princess didn't your parents tell you? They gave your hand in marriage to me!" he answers with a frown on his face.

"I for my part was told you already knew and were excited" he continues stepping closer to me but I simply push him off. I can't think a single cleare thought at that moment. I rip my hands out of his grip and rush towards my parents.

"HOW COULD YOU, AFTER EVERYTHING YOU TOLD ME ABOUT FINDING LOVE! YOU JUST GAVE ME AWAY, I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED!" I yell at them, they turn to me both with shocked and disappointed faces.

"Yes you will get married and it will be this weekend and you will marry prince Killian!" my mother answers in a harsh voice glaring at me.

"I most certainly will not and you can't force me!" I yell again only to be shut down once more.

"Actually we can, it has all been arranged there is no-" my father was cut off by the sound of the doors slamming open with so much force they collided with the wall screams of fear are the next thing I can hear.
I can't see who the intruder is as my parents are already standing in front of me. And then I hear it, a voice that makes me freeze on the spot, deep, raspy and full of hatred, sending shivers down my spine.

"Sorry I'm late" she says her voice cold and emotionless though there is something in her voice that I can't decipher.

"You! How are you here and how are you so young?" My mother gasps in shock.

"Oh my my isn't it obvious? Magic, my dear Stepdaughter" the voice spits and then it clicks 'step daughter', the Evil Queen! I guess I should have felt nothing but fear in that moment but all I knew was the anger I still felt towards my parents and the pull I felt towards that voice.

"We defeated you before and we will do so again there is nothing you can do to hurt us!" my mother says while slowly walking backwards pushing me towards a door behind us. I get the hint and turn around, but that's when I suddenly feel my feet getting lifted off the ground and I gasp in shock and horror.
I'm now facing the woman, the one I was told so many stories about, the evil Queen herself and damn someone forgot to mention what she looked like! I wanted to yell at her to let me down but I couldn't open my mouth or move.

"Well, well if it isn't Snow Whites daughter, princess Emma I presume." The evil Queen laughs darkly, an amused smirk playing on her lips, her eyes trailing up my body watching me intently.

"Let her go! She has nothing to do with all of this" my mother yells at her stepping forward.

"Guards" My father screams but the dark Queen only laughs using her magic to pull me closer to her while still keeping me off the ground.

"Regina let her go. I swear if you hurt her I'll-" I hear my mother's voice now with a hint of fear and for the first time did the Queen's eyes waver from me amusement swirling in her dark brown eyes.

"You'll do what Snow, ruin my life, kill me? If you could you would have done so years ago. And if I remember correctly I promised to destroy your happiness if it is the last thing I do so." She says as I am now directly in front of her only a little distance between us, she sets me down on the ground though I still can't move, she slowly reaches forward grabbing my chin and turning my head examining me.
"That's exactly what I'll do! You took my love from me and now I'll take your daughter!" she continues laughing with that evil smirk still on her lips making me tremble.

"Oh and Snow? Believe me she will wish she was dead!" she finishes and I guarantee that if I wasn't frozen by magic I would have collapsed.
I didn't want to be scared but now I really was, who could blame me after all this was The evil Queen she must have surely gotten her name from somewhere. I heard my mother scream something, but I was already surrounded by purple smoke pulling both me and the dark Queen away from the people all around and then everything went black.