Chapter 13

13. Magic - Regina's POV:

Two weeks, two weeks I've been waiting for her to wake up yet nothing seems to help. After the ball everything had changed, I've been constantly on edge. I doubled all the guards even though I know that if Snow and David have the dark one on their side they would get into the castle anyways.

"Emma, my sweet Princess you have to wake up please wake up." I whisper stroking over the girl's long blonde hair. I was shocked to discover she had magic, but it does make sense being the product of 'true love' and all, I just wish I would have known sooner, maybe I could have helped her, it all just happened so fast, I still don't know why Rumple just left but I'm sure glad.

"Is she going to be okay?" The servant Rose questions upon reentering the room with some food I won't eat anyway.

"Why the hell are you so concerned? Just get out." I hiss glaring at her, but she doesn't seem to back down as she sets the tray down on my night stand.

"Because she is my friend, Your Majesty and you know she'd want you to eat and stay healthy so you mustn't let this affect you further than it already is, please eat something." She states the worry in her voice still evident as I sigh knowing she is right and as much as I hate to admit it she is the only one who's been helping me I should be nicer to her, I was nicer two weeks ago but without my Emma I'm losing myself again.

"I don't know what else to do, no magic seems strong enough to bring her back.." I sigh, taking a few bites though my eyes remain locked on the girl laying motionless before me.

"True loves kiss?" Rose suddenly questions making me scoff.

"Even if there is a slight chance of the two of us actually sharing a bond like that this isn't a curse it's a coma induced by her own magic because her body couldn't keep up with the amount she used, it won't work either." I explain sadly, I wish there was something else I could think of because I'm running out of time thinking back to the events I once more turn to Rose.

"I never asked, why did Rumpelstilzchen disappear after he saw you?" I question bitterness clear in my voice, for all I know she could be a spy too.

"I knew him a few years ago, but we only met briefly why he stopped when he saw me I do not know I'm sorry, your Majesty." She sighs shrugging, something seems off but my intuition tells me not to ask any further right now so I turn back to Emma.

"I fear there may only be one more thing I can do." I whisper brushing my fingers over her cheek as a single tear makes its way out of my eye at the prospect of what's to come next, but I know there isn't anything left I can do and I'd never forgive myself if I let her die without trying everything, even if she'll hate me afterwards.