Chapter 8

8. Missing something

It's been 2 Weeks since that day, we went back to the formalities and she pretended nothing ever happened.

Her mask was as good as before and she has been keeping her distance. We still had dinner and breakfast together so she could keep an eye on me, I suppose, but we were never alone like the first two times.

What did happen though was that all my 'teachers' kept a large amount of space between us and they all looked damn scared. I can only guess The Queen didn't just send the other one down to the dungeon, but I honestly didn't want to know any details.

I actually haven't been feeling very well these last few days. I wasn't very hungry and I had to try really hard not to snap at anyone. I only talked to Rose about it so far, but only because she figured out that I haven't been sleeping very well. I, for some reason, hoped the Queen would catch on to my very spacious eating and say something, anything but she didn't even really acknowledge me anymore, not until today.

It's pretty early in the morning and I am getting dressed, I am still not allowed to do it myself or choose what I wear but the dresses now cover a lot more of my body.

"Done" Rose says happily we are actually getting along pretty good now, as long as we are alone she is really nice to me and by now i would even consider her a friend, something still seems odd almost familiar about rose but i shrug it off not thinking anything more of it.

"Come on, we need to go," she says, pulling me to the door.

Just like the last few days we are not alone for breakfast. Some council people are there too. I bow and say a quick "Good Morning, Your Majesty" before sitting down on my place next to the Queen. Just like the last days she mostly ignores me and talks to the council.

I look over the dishes and take a pancake. Like I said I'm really not that hungry, but I fear I would get in trouble for not eating at all, so I slowly start eating. Once I'm finished I put my fork and knife down and one of the servants takes my plate away.

I suddenly feel the Queen's eyes on me and look up for a moment to find her staring at me with cold eyes, I swallow.

"Council leave I need to have a little talk with our princess here!" she demands coldly as ever and almost Angry. Hearing those words I Immediately tense up 'now I did something wrong she is gonna send me back to that room or worse' I am still terrified and can't get myself to look up. I hear the door close meaning the others have left us alone.

"What is wrong with you?" she asks without any emotions in her voice.

"I'm not sure what you mean, your majesty, I'm perfectly fine" I say trying desperately to make it seem like the truth, though knowing she was somehow able to read me like a damn open book.

"No you're not okay" she states simply, her eyes still glued to me almost making me squirm in my seat but I refrain from any movements.

"Do you think I didn't notice that you're only eating as much as you have to and your maid also tells me you haven't been sleeping much, what happened?" She continues and This time her voice sounds almost concerned, yet still angry, but I couldn't care less in that moment and only now I realize that it actually hurt that she has just been ignoring me, why would she care now?

"I am fine, your Majesty, I simply am not as hungry, but I assure you I am okay, so please don't let me stop you from your meeting with the council or the royals that arrived yesterday." I reply harshly not wanting to tell her the truth but also realizing i am walking on very thin ice.

"Hmm you do know I don't believe you, so why do you keep lying, just tell me what's wrong before I have to find a different way to make you tell me and a fair warning you better not push me today princess remember your place." She growls with those last words. Her voice grew cold and I tensed up even further. She scares me a lot sometimes even if I don't really want to admit it.