Chapter 9

9. The calm before the storm

The next two weeks are actually pretty enjoyable even though Regina (yes i am allowed to call her by her first name now whenever we are alone) has a lot to do, i mean she is still running a kingdom, we spend a lot of time together and that is something I am really grateful for seeing that my parents never found any time at all even though they ruled together.

We were outside the castle three times so far, She showed me two of her favourite places and we once went back to the lake. Other times we'd just stay in her chambers, talk and cuddle and I can no longer deny that I do have some pretty strong feelings for her.

Today the atmosphere inside the castle has been really tense and I actually had to stay in my room. I kind of grew frustrated when no one wanted to tell me what was going on, not even Rose, she just came to tell me that I had to stay in my room and that she would lock the door and there would be guards outside.

I pace around in my room hoping for some kind of information on why I am suddenly treated like a prisoner again because I really really hate it, at least I got food and water I guess.

About two hours later Regina almost gives me a heart attack when she just teleported herself into my room.

"Damn it Gina you scared me what the hell is going on?" I say almost sounding harsh and a bit angry but that soon fades when I see the look on her face and how she just falls onto my bed.

"What happened?" I ask now concerned.

"We have a problem," she answers. She takes a deep breath before saying "Your parents and their guards are here".

"THEY ARE WHAT" I scream in disbelief "Please tell me you send them away?"

"Well what did you think, my princess," she asks almost hurt "of course I tried sending them away but well they are kind of stubborn and say they won't go until they.. see you" she says.

"Well someone needs to tell them I don't want to talk to them. I hate them for what they did, please Regina please don't send me with them!" I say suddenly scared she had enough of me. I can even feel a single tear escape my eye at the thought of having to go back to that life. She sees it and stands up walking towards me and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I wouldn't, I promise I don't want you going anywhere, but I need to say this and I want you to think about it for a moment okay, my sweet princess?" She asks and I nod.

"I know what I said when we first met but I want to offer you a choice. You can stay here and like I said I really don't want you to leave me, but I would understand if you wanted to leave?" She questions,

I take a deep breath and pull away just a little to look into her eyes just to see she is actually crying.

"I know I don't deserve it, after everything that happened, but please please don't leave Me, I don't know what to do without you anymore, my sweet girl!" she suddenly whispers. I quickly pull her back into the hug and lean my head on her shoulder.

"I don't want to leave you either and I won't! They would just make me marry Killian and lock me up again and I am still angry that they kept me in that castle for so long." I whisper in her ear a few tears escaping my eyes as well.

"So you'll stay?" She questions in disbelief still sobbing.

"Yes I'll stay" I answer confidently, she pulls me closer and suddenly our lips connect. I kiss her back immediately. This is actually something I've been wanting to do for a while. She suddenly pulls back and I see a confused look in her eyes

"I.. I shouldn't have.. you.. I- I am so sorry" she suddenly stutters, but before she can say anything else I pull her back and kiss her again this time with even more passion because damn her lips feel great on mine!

We only pull away when air becomes a necessity again.

"Well I most certainly am not sorry, I've been wanting to do that for weeks" I chuckle "and I have to say you are really good at kissing".

"So you won't go even after-" she starts but I cut her off immediately.

"No I won't, I meant what I said. I promise you I won't leave you, I like you way too much to do that, now let's face them shall we" I assure squeezing her hand,

She smiles, that specific smile only I get to see, the only one that actually reaches her eyes, and flicks her wrist and I am suddenly dressed in a beautiful yet simple dark red dress and my hair flowing over my shoulders.

"I really like you too and now Hold on" she says before her magic engulfs us and she teleports us to the throne room.

As the smoke clears I see my parents looking shocked at me.

"Emma" my mother gasps "you look .. different"

"Well I also feel different Mother, a lot better actually," I answer coldly "now, you wanted to see me, what do you want?" They seem taken aback by my answer.

"Emma she can't hurt your mother and me just come here so we can go home." Charming says bitterly, sending Regina a glare, but I don't even think about moving from her side.

I start laughing but it's cold and without emotions "Oh father I am most certainly not going back there." I spit hate now evident in my voice even surprising myself.

"You wanted to see me so now you did and I am fine so you can leave and I would advise you not to come back!" I finish harshly.

"Emma what are you talking about, she is evil you can't-" Snow starts speaking but I cut my mother off.

"No she isn't, she is not the one who kept me prisoner for eighteen years without any reasons, she is not the one who lied to me my entire life and she is not the one who paints herself as a hero after destroying someone's life and her own daughters. So no Mother I am not coming with you and no she is not the monster you always told me about she is beautiful, compacionet and actually honest. She showed me places outside of the castle walls I was always dreaming about the last eighteen years. So now this is the last time I am saying this, leave now!" I defend.

They both look shocked at my explanation but I can suddenly feel Regina squeeze my hand before letting go again.

"Emma she has you under a spell she is nothing more than an evil witch trying to destroy our family" my mother tries again.

"No she isn't and quite frankly the two of you didn't need any help destroying our family, that happened the moment you decided to give into fear, lie to me and Maria and then try to marry me off to someone I don't even know and what really happened to Maria? You always Told me It was the Queen's fault but she wasn't even near us!" I conter.

"Emma I am sorry I will fix this..!" she says but I cut her off again.

"I don't want anything to do with you just leave me be and go back, it's not like you would be missing anything, you never spent time with me anyways" I spit harshly rolling my eyes.

"Emma I know you are still in there we will find a way to save you I promise" she says, I just laugh rolling my eyes and then they actually leave, well more like forced to leave because Reginas guards had filled into the room escorting them out, finally.