Chapter 16: I love you, goodbye

(TW gun violence and death)

Once Rob told me that Mark was the mole I went into shock. I finished up the phone call with him and he said he would come over tomorrow to help pack things up to move. I walked back into the house and rubbed my forehead with my hand. Everyone turned around to look at me, confused.

"Everything okay baby?" Billie asked as she walked up to me and put her hands on my hips squeezing them.

"No" I shook my head. "Mark, he was the mole" I explained and they all shook their heads.

"I knew it! He always gave me the creeps" Fin said and sighed.

"But he has been taken in right? They have him arrested" Maggie said hopefully but I shook my head and the air was thick with fear.

"They had him, but he got out. They don't know where he is" I looked down at Billie "They believe he is on his way here" I said and shook my head.

"So what's the plan Rae? We will follow your every order" Billie whispered and it made me smile.

"Okay we all stay in here tonight, ill call Emma and get her to come here and ill get extra security patrolling the perimeter. I don't really need you guys to do anything. Just if you see something, let me know" I explained and they all nodded.

It was a few hours later and it was getting dark, Emma had arrived about two hours ago and we are currently binge watching the office. I wasn't paying attention, just lost in my own thoughts. I looked to Billie who was sat next to me, smiling at the TV. Her hair was delicately put into a bun, her freckles showing across her nose and cheeks. Her lips pulled into that smile that made my heart rate quicken every time. I cant help but fall in love with her. I have and will always protect her. I made that promise, but at the time I didn't know that she would captivate my heart. I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt her hand on my thigh, I zoned back in and looked at her smiling.

"Hey baby" I whispered and she smiled.

"You zoned out a bit there huh?" She whispered back and bit her lip.

"Yeah I did, just thinking about you and us" I said as I moved a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. Ive known this girl for nearly five months now and I can't imagine my life without her. I leant in and kissed her softly, it was a long kiss but I put all of my emotions into it. I pulled back and her eyes fluttered open. We then paid attention to the TV.

Most of them have gone to sleep now, just leaving Emma, Billie and I. Emma got up and walked to the kitchen and I looked over and saw Billie falling asleep. I waited until she was asleep then got up and picked her up bridal style. I smiled to Emma as I walked past the kitchen, going to my bedroom. I popped Billie on the bed and put the blanket over her. She hummed slightly but didn't wake up, I leant down and kissed her head.

"You have no idea what you're doing to me" I whispered and smiled at her when she started snoring quietly.

I walked out the room and went back into the living room, putting the CCTV live footage on the screen. Emma walked back in with two coffees and handed one to me. I smiled at her and she sat next to me.

"This is gunna be a long night" she sighed and I laughed in response. We both decided to stay up all night in case Mark shows up. So that's what we're doing. It went by quickly because we chatted through most of the night, played some board games and watched some TV. So it wasn't so bad after all. I looked at the clock and it read 08:00am. Then I heard a knock at the door, Emma whipped her head to me and I nodded slowly. I got out my gun and looked through the peephole. I sighed in relief when I saw it was Rob. I opened the door and gave him a hug, letting him in. Emma made us all coffee as we waited for the rest of the house to get up.