Chapter 38: My world

I wake up to the sound of light music coming from downstairs. My head is killing me and I'm still in my clothes from yesterday. I get up and shower, changing into some shorts and a t-shirt.

"Morning" Billie smiles at me when I walk downstairs.

I ignore her and just sit at the kitchen island, watching her make breakfast. My eyes cant help but drift down to her figure, I snap out of i when she turns around. She slides a plate over to me and I look down at it, my stomach growling at the smell.

"Thanks" I mumble and tuck in as she finishes making hers.

We eat in silence which is kinda awkward but there was music playing.

"So, can I explain whats been happening please?" She asked and I nod my head. "So, that girl you saw me with after work the other week. She is an old friend and we kinda had a thing back then" she began and I watched her.

"During the two years you were gone, we kinda started seeing each other again. It was never anything serious but we were sleeping together" she takes a sip of her drink. "But when you came back I made it clear to her that I didn't want to see her in that way anymore."

"Mmhmm" I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, I didn't say anything to you because I didn't want you to be weird about it. I like her as a friend considering she stuck around during the worst two years of my life." She explains and looks at me.

"So why did you come into work with a hickey?" I asked.

"Simply because I made a mistake. I went to see her, she came onto me and I didn't stop her. We didn't do anything more than kiss and she gave me this" she pointed to her neck. "Once she did I realised what I'd done and pushed her away. She is no longer in my life Rae" she holds my hand which is resting on the table. 

"You should have just told me about her Bil" I sigh and squeeze her hand. "I wouldn't have been weird about it, just as long as you were being honest" I smile slightly.

"I know baby. I fucked up so bad. I wont ever lie to you again, please don't break up with me" she comes over to me and stands between my legs.

"You did fuck up" I push some hair behind her ear. "But I know you're sorry and I know that you wont ever do me like that again" I smile and pull her in for a hug.

"Thank you for understanding Raven" she sighs into the hug. 

I pull back and place a quick kiss on her soft lips.

"I love you, I'm not losing you over some dumb mistake. We have been through too much" I smile at her. 

"I love you too" she gleams and kisses me back.

——————————————————————————

It's been a few months now since the whole incident with Billie and her mistake happened. We have been so well off since, falling madly in love each day and working really well together.

We are currently on a flight to the UK, Billie has shown me her world and I think its about time I showed her mine. 

"Are you part of the mile high club?" Billie asked randomly.

"Uh yeah...never again" I laugh slightly and she looks at me shocked.

"Oh come on Princess you know that I'm not innocent" I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

We eventually land and drive into Wales, Billie has been staring at all the valleys and rivers scattered around. We pull up to my home which is a modern cottage that has a farm attached to it. Alex- my friend, has been managing the farm since I've been away but he lives about 10 minutes from here.

"Do you have horses?" Billie questions and bites her lip in excitement.

"Of course baby, I have a lot of animals here. This farm was my mothers and my grandmothers before that" I smile and walk her to the stables.

"Awwww! Hey mamas" she gushes as she sees my two horses.

"This is Gavin and Stacey" I smile at the two horses.

"Weird ass names" she laughs.

"You wouldn't get it" I smile and saddle them up. "Wanna go for a ride, ill take you on a tour of the land" I ask and she nods excitedly.

The next hour is spent riding the horses around the farm and Billie smiling like a fool the whole time.

We have taken a month off work to stay over here, so I can spend time with Billie and to have a well needed break from work and reality.

We get back to the cottage and instead of putting on the heating, I set up the fireplace. Which emits more natural heat, we get blankets and lay down in front of it.

"I love this" Billie whispers and I look to her.

"I'm glad, it's a bit different to what you're used to but this is how I grew up" I smile looking into the flames.

"How is your mom by the way?" She asks and I look to the floor next to me, processing the question.

"Not good Bil, she has a brain tumour. This is partly why I needed to come back here..."I explain. "I need to say goodbye to her" I whisper and a tear leaves my eye.

"Ill be with you always Rae" she pulls me into her and rubs my back.

We fall asleep like that, me in Billies arms and feeling her love. I couldn't ask for anything more.