☾23

As soon as the familiar name spoken in a teasing manner left Donghyuck's lips, Mark's attention fully landed on the boy who tried to stop himself from laughing at his reaction

Mark's eyes widened before it dawned on him what was really going on, eyebrows furrowing as he immediately strode over which made Donghyuck yelp and hide behind a towering, slightly panic stricken Jisung.

"Yeonhee, your boyfriend is trying to kill me!"

At his words, Mark's jaw clenched and he grabbed tightly onto Donghyuck's T-shirt to stop him from running off- an angry gleam in his eyes.

Snatching the phone out of his hand, he glanced at the screen only to see an unfamiliar number.

"Maybe you shouldn't have called her." Jeno muttered, distancing himself from the situation about to unfold. Jisung was watching wide eyed at the sight of Mark's death grip on Donghyuck's shirt- knuckles a hue of white.

Bringing the phone to his ear, the boy let go of Donghyuck who in turn dramatically panted and ran over to Jeno and Chenle- whining about how it was a harmless joke and Mark was overreacting.

Mark had turned around and Jisung's eyes flickered between him as he began speaking lowly in English down the phone then to Jaemin shaking his head in disapproval for the boys in meddling.

"Hello?" There was an unusual dryness in his throat which wouldn't subside no matter how much he tried to swallow his nerves.

He gripped the phone in his hand to his ear wondering if they were just teasing him or they actually had contact with the girl he had spent a couple months talking to.

"Why hello." Yeonhee's voice spoke down the phone and Mark went into a state of panic yet anger at the boys for genuinely calling her or was it a slight glimmer of hurt?

There was a momentary silence that consumed and Yeonhee almost thought the call had ended but she could still hear the distant sound of the others talking in the background.

"...have you been speaking to them? Since when?" Mark wasn't too sure what exactly he was feeling in the given moment, not that he was trying to actively hide her away but he didn't exactly want to flaunt her to the boys who would've (and have) taken it too far.

"I thought you were practicing? And just now, they fully made instagram accounts to talk to me. I thought it was some kinda cult weirdos trying to human traffic me at first-" her humoured rambling was cut off by yet another question from the boy.

"They have your number?"

This question was slightly quieter as he glanced over to the boys watching intently so he sighed and left the room- pressing his back to the door. Again, glancing at the phone.

Slightly dejected, confused and irritated by the other boys, Mark couldn't help but feel that now as though the friend he had unexpectedly made had now met the entirety of the group she idolised and supported, that their own relationship would start to wither away.