truth ripples

"My little children, all grown up!"

"Should we wake them up?"

"Yeah, he's breaking the code right now."

"What code?"

"The one we made in third year! I snogged her first. Moony's way out of line."

"Oh shove off, Pads. They're cute."

"We were cuter."

"Can we just wake them up? Sirius and I are going to be late for Muggle Studies."

"Alright, here, hold his robes."

I could hear shuffling as James moved around the bed to Remus's side. I knew I could easily just open my eyes and wake Remus myself, but it was surprisingly warm under the thin blanket and listening to their commentary was very entertaining.

"Remu," James cooed. "Time to wake up!"

"C'mon Moony," Peter's voice added nervously.

"Moonyyy," Sirius whined. "Come on mate."

"It's no use, we've gotta sing the song."

"Prongs, no."

"I'm not singing the song, Potter."

"Yes you are, no one else can hit the high note at the end like you Padfoot."

"It's true," said Peter. "My voice always cracks."

"Alright fine, but if Syd wakes up and tells people I'm murdering you both."

I was trying my absolute best to stay perfectly still, I was invested in the song at this point. But I almost broke as James opened their little chorus.

"Oh Moony, my love, it's the morningggg."

"Oh Remu, my pal, time to wake," Peter continued.

"Remoony, my mate, the lads can't be late so let's stop the waaaaittttt," Sirius sang, slightly pitchily.

"And get your arse up in the morningggg," they finished. It took every fiber of my being not to burst with laughter. I had no idea they were so musical.

It seemed to work, though, as Remus shifted slightly beside me. He lifted the arm that was wrapped around my waist up to rub his eyes. I kept mine shut and hoped I was good at pretend sleeping.

"Mm, wha time s it?" He slurred sleepily.

"8:45," Peter stated. "We brought your robes so you can get dressed before your Potions class."

"Thanks, lads," he went to stand up and get dressed, but quickly realized that I was still in the bed. His body tensed up slightly, likely remembering the events of our early morning sleeping arrangements. The four of them were silent for a moment, it made me nervous.