nineteen

adelaine miller
TORONTO, CANADA

it's been a couple of days since shawn spent the night at my house, he had to go back to malibu that night and we haven't really spoken much since.

however, aaliyah made a massive family groupchat where i added everyone in, including my own family and now i get notifications like every five seconds from the chat.

i wasn't mad about it, i'm glad our families are getting along because all it means is that eva will have an eva bigger support system for anything she decides to do in life.

christmas was coming around the corner, there was only about a month and a half left. i had this plan of hosting a family christmas party at my place, shawn did promise that he would try to come but it all depends on how far along he is with his fifth album.

speaking of christmas, i was currently in the office sorting through everyone's christmas bonuses which were going to be handed out next week. i was excited to give them out.

this last financial year was a huge success for us which meant that the usual bonuses was exponentially increased so i'm happy that people will get to do a lot more.

i was also going to host a charity event for miller skincare, well it was currently ongoing but essentially for every purchase of anything from the just released christmas line all the money goes straight to the homeless and anything purchased from any line of my products, half of it goes towards the same charity.

we have raised almost a quarter of a million so far, my goal is to get to a million by christmas day.

eva was on christmas break starting from tomorrow so she will be spending a lot of time in the office at least until christmas eve because the last thing i would want to do is put any stress on the family during the celebration period, i'm sure they're already stressed out enough.

the work day was almost over, all i had left to do was file these bonuses and put them through to the financial department which is a whole block away, they usually have a couple of people in my headquarters on the weekday but since it's past five they have gone home so i have to go to their building a whole three blocks away before they close that they get deposited by the end of the week.

thankfully i didn't have to pick up eva from school today, that was the initial plan but i got caught up at work so i asked alaina to go get her for me, they should currently be at my house by now, meaning i'd have to rush.

i grab my briefcase, putting the payslips inside and log out my laptop, making my way out the office and to the elevator. i wait for the metal doors to open before stepping inside pressing the basement level where the car park was located.

thank god that the day was coming to an end.

∎ ∎ ∎

"hi angel!" i say as my front door unlocks and eva comes rushing towards me, "thanks for looking after her a, i know you're busy." i tell alaina as she reaches me.

she nods her head, "anytime love." she gives me a quick goodbye hug before making her way out my house and heading towards her parents for a family dinner, that was their tradition.

every single friday after the work day was done she would drive home, grab an overnight bag and go catch a flight to vancouver, where her parents lived, she would spend the whole weekend with them.

"so, how about a movie night baby?" eva nods her head erratically, "let's put you in your pajamas first." i pick her up and take her to her room, changing her outfit.

once that was done, i decide to order a pizza for the first time in a while, and instead of putting disney on, i actually put netflix on, because eva was already sleepy so i don't think she would last watching a movie.

tonight was going to be dinner and bed for her, luckily for me.

the pizza arrived not long after we were both dressed so i served eva her slice and as she ate, i decided on what i wanted to watch, which ended up being a show from my childhood, sister sister.

it was definitely about to be my new guilty pleasure. but just as i turned the show on, eva fell asleep on my lap.

she looked so adorable, it made me chuckle. i paused the show and picked her up, taking her to her bedroom and tucking her in.

time for a relaxing night for me, haven't had one of those in a very long time, i almost forgot what they felt like.

∎ ∎ ∎

"mommy?" i hear the strained voice of my daughter cry as i wash the dishes of the ice cream i had earlier on in the night. "mommy?"

"in the kitchen darling." i yell, turing the faucet off as i make my way over to the staircase where a puffed face eva came walking down with her doll and a blankie. "oh baby, what's wrong?" i ask, crouching down to her level, brushing her curls away from her tear-stained face.

"i had a nightmare mommy." she mutters, clenching and unclenching her fists at me, i pick her up, placing her on my hip, "can i sleep with you?" she asks.

"oh baby, of course." i tell her, walking back up the stairs but in direction of my room, eva was already fast asleep on my shoulder but once i arrived into my bedroom she grabbed the covers, snoring lightly with her doll practically covering her face.

i get into the bed with her, wrapping my arm around her tiny waist and my other arm under the pillow, eva cuddles herself closer to mine, her face being covered by my chest and her doll resting on top of her head, it was a funny picture to see.

soon after, i fell asleep with my baby in my arms.