.22. Good to see you again

The garden was ridiculously huge, painted with a flesh green and decorated with lively flowers, it was truly beautiful, befitting an imperial garden, when i become a Warlord i want a garden just like this

The walk was long and quite and i had the feeling it would evolve into one of those awkward moments between father daughter moments which was creeping me out a little

"You know i never once considered making you concubine"

" ! "

"in-fact after seeing what kind of person you are i wanted you to be empress"

"Did you portray me as something else before?" what was ment to be a thought escaped my lips unconsciously

"well i often heard that the lady was complex and quite the character"

so he did hear about me, was it the reason he was ignoring me before? did he perhaps think i wouldn't make a good match for his highness? or is it that he simply never liked me?

"then maybe if you re-think about my proposal" i stiffened at the last sentence, "meet Ruvellis a bit more, if you get to him you'll see he isn't what he seems like"

Someone save me.

And like the heavens had heard my prayer, there she stood, Aristia La Monique with a dull expression on her face, i could see the slight sweat forming on her forehead and the visible tint of red on her cheeks.

The weather isn't that hot today so i wonder why she looks like that, her eyes held a look of fear in them, did something bad happen? when i had put piece by piece together i remembered, 

This is where Aristia first meets Ruvellis in this timeline.

"Lady Monique your complexion is worrying how do you feel" the emperor was quick to talk breaking me away from my thoughts

"Ah! i've been feeling under the weather lately" she said her voice, hoarse as if she hadn't drinked water for a year, the slight breeze that passed by made her stumble on her feet and i reacted on instinct holding her straight maintaining her balance.

"Your Majesty i would like to accompany Lady Monique back to her estate, I'm worried she needs help"

the emperor made a face before dismissing us. The ride to the Monique's estate was quite, none of us said a word,  aristia's complexion gradually getting better until the carriage came to a halt.

"we've arrived my lady".

Aristia had insisted for me to come inside to offer her thanks, i tried to reassure her that it was fine but she still wanted to serve me a cup of tea to relax before parting and i agreed.

After all i want to see Allendi's marriage proposal. i sat in the white armed chair with a cup of tea in my hands, the scent was pleasant to the nose and the taste was luxury to the tongue, 

"Did you brew this Lady Monique?" i asked trying to start a conversation.

"Please call me by my name, we are acquaintances, and yes. why?" she asked tilting her head to the side, as expected she's the best

"Well i heard the tea brewed by the lady are exquisite so i just assumed you'd be the one to prepare such," 

i couldn't admit it but i was internally fangirling, i will soon wittness Allendis proposal. After a while, our conversation took on to casual talks about random things, i had a hunch she wanted to ask me something but she simply continued on discarding her emotions.

As the conversation went on, i couldn't stop but think that Allendis was late, did something happen along the way? 

Marquis Keiran made his appearance a moment after hugging her dear daughter who suddenly left without notice, he thanked me for taking care of his daughter as he left the room, i posed the cup of tea on the table and made my goodbyes.

what a waste that i didn't get to see anything.

__

Reaching home Lila was the one to escort me out the carriage

"My lady there is a book i saw at the library, i thought you'd like it so i rested it in the drawing room"

"a book? that made you thin of me?"

"yes! do you want to read it my lady?"

This is the second time you're offering me something, what about your tight budget? 

"I would love to! please take me there."

the steps i took were slower than usual and i was absent minded all the way, my breaths were getting faster by each second with my finger twisting and turning with each other. I was nerrvous of what kind of book Lila brought for me, it would clearly tell me what she sees me as, is it in a a nice way? 

the door that Lila opened lead to a bright room, lit by the sun's beaming gaze, at one of the chairs sat a boy who had naturally laid his coat on the side, his head turned to me revealing his green bright emerald eyes that matched with his flesh hair, a smile formed on his face as he greeted 

"Ah! Estelle good to see you again!" his smile radiated through the whole room blinding me.

only then i realized

i smiled "good to see you again Allendis"

 I had changed something major in the plot.

"My lady!"

___

P L E A S E  L E A V E  A  C O M M E N T .