C H A P T E R 8

HOTEL

Callie had been asleep for an hour when she woke up, the rays of the sun hitting too hard on her closed eyes.

She gazed at Rafe, who still didn't know she was awake. He was focused on the road, deadpanned, but she couldn't help herself thinking he was very handsome.

He was always handsome, even when he was annoying he was hot as hell. Even when he was beating up someone he was hot as hell.

It annoyed her to admit it and she'd never say that to anyone, not even admit it to herself.

"Stop looking, or you'll fall in love with me," Rafe said, positive she was glaring at him and he wasn't wrong.

She grinned and put on her sunglasses to relieve her eyes from the sunlight.

"I started feeling alone," Rafe stated, looking at his passenger.

"I'm sorry"

Suddenly it came back to her and she straightened in the seat, to have all his attention. "Why did you tell Coop?"

"About what?" he asked, pretending he didn't know.

"About when you kissed me in your bathroom maybe?" she replied, asking ironically the question.

"I didn't tell him"

"Yes you did"

"No I didn't"

"Yes you did! He told me you did it cause you don't hide things from each other and shit," she stated, annoyed he didn't reveal.

He smirked and she rolled eyes, cause he was thrilled about something he shouldn't be proud of.

"See uh? but now Rafe, trust me, it's really awkward, you have no idea how much"

"You know Callie, I really believe that you are a very smart young woman," he stopped his sentence and took a deep breath "but sometimes how dumb you are kills me."

She frowned eyebrows to his words and let him go ahead. She didn't expect this type of explanations.

"I didn't tell him about our kiss Sanders. I told him about what happened at Toppers party."

"What?" she yelled, now discerning the misunderstanding of her conversation with her brother the precedent day.

"Look I thought he had to know," Rafe only replied, still looking at the road.

"What about me asking you not to tell anyone? I trusted you! It's not okay! It's not your deal, it's mine! JJ already knows then Coop who's next?"

She took her head in her hands and tried to not become angrier, remembering he helped her in the first place.

"So you're bothering me because I told your brother but you told that blonde kid? Damn Sanders he's your brother he deserved to know more than this other surfer"

She laughed cause she knew how much JJ and Rafe hated each other and how many times they fought.

Even if JJ was younger than Rafe, he didn't really care and he still didn't hesitate to punch where it hurts.

"You're no one to decide who deserved to know," she argued. "You have no room to talk"

"Well then I'm no one to drive all the way to the other side of the country just for a shitty interview?"

They stayed quiet for a little while and she pictured coming back home, facing the reality of her brother knowing the truth,

"Well at least I'm not the one who had to tell him," she shrugged as she talked. "You're partly forgiven Cameron but that's only because you're being nice to me recently and I don't even know why"