C H A P T E R 10

THE INTERVIEW

"Miss Callie Sanders?" a woman called, looking through the waiting room until Callie got up, indicating her who she was. "Come in, Mr Wilson and I were impatient to meet you," she voiced.

Her first thought was to think he looked like cheap Chris Evans. Didn't expect to see Captain America there.

"So miss Sanders, could you talk about yourself and your position?"

"I finished High School this year, and I'm currently looking for a University. I think it could be a great opportunity for me and I'm very motivated"

"How about your family situation?"

Callie knew this question would come and didn't want pity of any kind from them. She had gone through it her entire life, she didn't need it right now.

"My parents died in a plane accident when I was 10, so I live with my uncle and my older brother"

"Oh I'm sorry," the woman immediately apologised, to what Callie answered it was okay. Time had helped her dealing with her loss.

After a few more questions about her projects, what she'd been looking forward to and her personality, the two interviewers invited Callie to leave.

She said goodbye and left the room, then the building. She opened the front door and couldn't help herself from smiling when she saw Rafe Cameron waiting for her.

He was looking the wrong direction so he couldn't see her. She walked towards him and decided to scare him.

"Ahh," she yelled to scare him, pushing him from behind. He jumped in fear so she bursted out in laugh.

"You're proud of you Sanders uh?" he acted like he was annoyed but that little smile on his face betrayed him.

"I'm beyond proud"

"How did it go?" Rafe asked, interested.

"I think it went good," she smiled, pretty confident of how well it went.

"That's my girl," he said, side hugging her.

Rafe and Callie started walking around a little bit, talking about the interview. He had shown himself supportive and she could almost see a tiny bit of excitement in his eyes. Was that really Rafe?

"Wait what are we doing right now? Aren't we supposed to head home or something?" she worried.

"Relax Callie, we're going back home tomorrow, I'm keeping you with me today"

"Yeah well James is gonna kill me for not going back home as fast as I can"

"He's not gonna do a shit to you cause I'm calling him right now letting him know it was my idea not yours," he said taking his phone, and composing the number.

"Rafe I don't think it's-"

"Hi Mr Sanders? How's it going?" he cut her off. Callie couldn't hear her uncle but rolled eyes imagining him playing the good uncle's role.

"Yeah well everything's great, she had her interview this morning so we're just gonna stay here today and I'll drive her back to you tomorrow is that okay?"

Rafe looked down at Callie, and winked at her. "Fine I'll take care of that, sure, bye"

Rafe hung up the phone and put both of his hands on her shoulders, looking at her straight in the eyes. "He's definitely okay with it"

"Of course he is," she laughed ironically, annoyed. Because he never would've accepted it she was the one telling him "you're the son he wish he had"

"He also said when you're coming back he's having a small talk with you"