C H A P T E R 19

POGUES FOR LIFE?

"You look horrible today," Cooper said as Callie rushed in the living room.

"Love you too Coop," she replied, before grabbing her backpack and opening the front door.

"Wait, where do you think you're going?" James asked, as he saw Callie about to leave.

"I'm sorry, I'll do whatever you want me to later but now I need to go"

"Don't play this game with me and get your ass back here. You're not allowed to hang out today" James spoke.

"I'm sorry, really, it's important, it's about school" Callie lied.

"School in summer? you little bitch come back here before I-"

"Sorry"

She slammed the door and ran away, to make sure he wouldn't follow her. When she got far enough, she started walking.

She ignored the insulting texts from her uncle she got on her phone, telling her how bad she would get bruised, in a way only her could understand.

James had learnt how to describe his actions with other words. Words she knew too well.

He wasn't dumb and wouldn't have left any obvious clue of him abusing his niece on her phone. Callie knew it was because he was too scared of Cooper.

Maybe he was scared a bit of the police too, but he knew kooks didn't really have to be scared of them. Police closed the eyes about many things when it came to kooks.

She didn't know where her friends would be but hurried towards the chateau.

When she arrived, she greeted Big John and he told her the boys and Kie were at the beach. She knew what beach he was talking about so she quickly went there.

When she saw the four of them laying on the sand, the anxiety came back and it drove her crazy. She walked towards them and caught John B's eye first. Hell she wasn't ready for this.

"Oh hum hey," Routledge said, as the three others turned around to see who was there.

"Hi" she replied shyly.

"Ugh guys I'm gonna go catch some waves i guess," JJ stated, acting as if he had not seen her.

"I'm coming with you, obviously" Kie followed.

The girl stayed here, flabbergasted and extremely sad. She sat down, not daring to look at the two boys next to her.

"So.. we know" John B stated.

"I knew you knew"

"Great," he said, laying down, discomfort dripping from his voice. "Not awkward and everything," John B kept saying.

Pope looked at her and stayed silent for a while. Having Pope against her broke her heart.

He was the sweetest boy she had ever met and she couldn't imagine him mad at her. But she was positive he was now, and his silence hit worse than words.

"It's okay Cal. We fully understand," Pope said, putting his hand on hers.

"You fully understand Pope," John B corrected, sitting to be facing them. "and you're the only one here, believe me"

"Do you really understand Pope?"

The boy nodded and she felt her anxiety subsiding a tiny bit. "Thank you P"

A long silence made it's way until JJ and Kie came back. The pair sat on the sand and Callie broke the silence.

"We should talk guys. I mean I need to-"