C H A P T E R 17

PARTIES AREN'T FUN

After sleeping and waking up as late as usual, Rafe and Callie stayed home and got ready. They didn't know what they would do that day and honestly they just wanted to stay together.

She texted the pogues and told them she couldn't hang out but still hoped they wouldn't show up at her place without warning.

As they were having breakfast, Cooper and James came suddenly into the room.

"Hey Rafe it's nice having you around," James greeted Rafe.

"Hi Mr Sanders"

Callie rolled eyes because it was annoying her James was pretending she didn't exist and Rafe saw it, so he held her hand under the table.

"Coop I borrowed your shirt don't mind me," Rafe said at his best friend, to what Cooper replied it was okay.

"So what are you gonna do today?" James asked, taking place around the table, only glaring at Rafe and Cooper turn by turn.

"Kelce invited me to a party tonight," Cooper stated, eying his best friend.

"Yeah he invited me too but I don't know I-"

"Why wouldn't you go?" asked Callie to her brother and her boyfriend, talking for the first time.

"Kelce's parties are a bit weird" Cooper only replied.

"Which means..?"

"It means if we go, you're not coming" Cooper snapped, smirking a little bit, as if it was very funny.

"I never said I was, chill"

"Come on it's gonna be fun she should come with us," Rafe offered, standing up and smiling.

"Hey bro do I need to remind you what happened last time you took her to a party?"

"I'll stay with her, nothing will happen," Rafe reassured.

Callie rolled eyes and looked at her uncle leaving the room. It made the three of them staying alone in the kitchen.

"I'm not a kid I will manage to-"

"You won't manage anything you're not going, hear that?"

"Not even if I keep an eye on her?" Rafe asked, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm not a kid! It's not up to Coop deciding if I can go there and you don't have to look after me like I was your fucking child!" Callie yelled, looking at the two boys, anger dripping from her voice.

A silence made it's way in the room and Callie rolled eyes before leaving the room. Maybe it was a bit childish from her but she was annoyed always being treated like a 5 year-old girl depending upon others.

She got inside her room and sat on her bed. Not even a minute later, Rafe rushed in the room.

"I'm sorry," he immediately said, sitting next to her.

"It's ok I shouldn't have yelled at you," she hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Fuck him, we're going to that shitty party and I promise we're gonna have fun"

"It's only 3pm we have a few hours until it's time to go though," said Callie, getting up and looking at her boyfriend straight in the eyes.

"Doesn't a girl need 6 hours to get ready?" joked Rafe, as Callie rolled eyes and left out a giggle.

"I hate you," she pushed him on the bed and tickled him as much as she could but he wasn't sensitive to her touch.

"Come on Rafe, why does it never works with you?" she kept tickling but he didn't even move and instead took her wrist in his hands.