Back to where we started

13rw apart

Clay was still staring at his phone and He was not able to understand what just happened, Hannah called him, She knows him now, she remembers him now, he just had so many questions but all he knew he had to go to his school.
He ran downstairs from his room, opened the door, he even didn’t care about his helmet, he just instantly grabbed his bike and rode it as fast as he can to reach his destination.

He almost crashed his bike on pavement when he saw Liberty high, he hurriedly parked his bike and stood there waiting for something to happen, for Hannah to appear.

After what felt like a lifetime, but only a few minutes, he saw a black Mercedes  coming, which stopped just in front of him. Out of it, a tall guy came after him a girl with short dark black hair, behind her was Hannah, he didn’t know how to respond to it so he just stood there, staring at her. The moment he realised he was staring at her, he averted his eyes away, he started looking everywhere but her.

“Are you Clay?” Tina asked

“Yes” said Clay, he was waiting for Hannah to say something,

“I’m Tina, Hannah’s friend, that’s Dex”  said Tina while pointing at the guy.

“Can we talk?” Hannah asked, she looked confused, but Clay just nodded.

After Tina and Dex were out of earshot, Hannah looked at Clay expectantly.

“why, I am here?” Clay asked, he could’ve literally asked her million of things but what he asked was beyond himself.

“because you are my friend and I wanted to meet you” Hannah replied not
Knowing what to say, should she be direct, what if they were not really close just two people working together in past.

“You don’t remember me, do you?” said Clay, the way she was talking he knew it.

“I don’t,” said Hannah, feeling glad he understood,

“That’s Okay, I’m the only guy you forgot”  said Clay with a small smile

“why, though?” she asked

“To be honest, I don’t know either?”

“You knew I forgot you”

“Yes”

“Why didn’t you come and talk to me, I don’t want to accuse you or something but were you just like the rest of my friends I had, were you on one of my tapes?” she asked him, she wanted to know, she was dying to know

“You were hurt, I don’t know, maybe I was like them, I was on your tape” said Clay, he does not want to explain her anything, yes he was dying to talk to her but now when she is here, he doesn’t feel like telling her anything, what good it will be for her to know it, when she doesn’t remember him, what they had was based on those memories, those experiences they shared, but now will it be nice to just tell her each and everything, for making her a good friend once again, he doesn’t think that’s a good idea, it’s better she just leaves and never comes back here.

“I don’t understand?” she asked him

“what?”

“I was hurt part,  are you talking about trying too hard to remember what I forgot, - apparently it’s you- you are saying, and  can you please explain it all?” asked Hannah

“Hannah, I was your friend but I was just like rest of them because, you still tried to you know what- and no one told you anything about me because there is nothing good, and you were hurting when you tried to remember about things” Clay tried to explain

“you knew” she asked

“about what?”

“About I was hurting, about how I was recovering”

“kind of”

“What kind of means?” Hannah demanded, she was sweating, there were now beads of sweats on her forehead

“Nothing, just go home?” Clay asked as he knew there was nothing good in having a conversation

“just tell me what was in your tape?” Hannah asked while trying to remain calm

“Okay, when you were at Jessica’s party it was me who asked you to come- you never wanted to but I convinced you- then we sort of kissed in her bedroom, but you asked me to leave-

“Okay, now at least I know why I was in her bedroom” Hannah mumbled, then she looked up at him, for continuing

“you know what happened in the bedroom and after that” said Clay,

“but still why did you leave, why we kissed, why? There are so many black spots in my memory?” she asked, she was half shouting now, she looked like she was going to pass out.

“we kissed because we did, just we were friends for so long, but you didn’t like the kiss and asked me to left, so I did” Clay said, he knew he just needed her to know something so she would stop stressing about, but the moment he finished his sentence, Hannah passed out, he subconsciously caught her and heard her Friends coming.

“what happened” asked Dex

“She just-

“We should do something? We should wake her up, can you get water Dex?” Tina cut Clay off

Clay just sat there, with Hannah in his arms looking at her face, after a moment Dex came and gave Tina the water bottle who instantly, started sprinkling water on Hannah’s face, which looked like was working as Hannah jerked a bit, then her eyes opened and she was looking at Clay, with confusion, the moment she realised where she was she instantly withdrew herself but before she fell again, Tina held Hannah by her shoulders.

“What happened?” Hannah asked

“You passed out” said Tina “while you were talking to Clay”

“who? why was I talking to him?” she asked