Chapter 17

"Hey, you wanna hang out for the break?" Bright asked as he and Mew were walking in the hallway to their 4th period.

Bright was really gonna go, he planned on skipping, but he needed to talk to Mew first.

"Sorry bro," Mew said "Actually, I planned on spending it with Gulf."

Bright smiled at his friend. Hed seen Mew have a couple of relationships but he had never been so whipped for them as he has with Gulf.

"Man, when are you gonna confess to him? you guys spend practically every day together" Bright conveyed

"When you start admitting the fact that you and Win are dating" Mew replied with a smirk plastered on his face.

Bright bit his lip to look away from his best friend.

"It's not my fault Win can't take a hint." Bright sneered "I mean ever since that dinner with my mom we've hung out a bunch of times, make out for hours, go on mini-dates, and even cuddle. But he still thinks this is just something normal people who are friends do"

Mew furrowed his eyebrows and stopped walking to look at Bright.

"Hasn't he been in a relationship before?" Mew asked

Bright didn't know what to say. It wouldn't have been right to air out Win's business like that, everyone in the school saw Win to be this playboy who would fuck anyone given the chance, even though he doesn't show it in front of others.

"You don't have to tell me Bright, I already knew." Mew boasted

"W-What"

"One of the girls he supposedly dated was the girl I lost my virginity to. We were still friends and she told me how Win paid her to let people think he fucked her, she also told me he said he wouldn't with anyone for real because he was waiting for someone" Mew now had an even bigger smiled as he teased his best friend.

Bright started feeling his face heat up by the sudden confession.

"S-Shut up!" Bright punch Mew in the shoulder and turned around to walk to the library. He could hear Mew laughing in the background.

*

Once Bright was in the library he noticed it was empty. The Librarian who would usually be there was gone.

Bright didn't think much of it and went on to look for some new books to read.

The last 5 he checked out he finished in only a week. It was a new record for him.

Bright loved to read it brought him peace. Bright would read after his beatings from his Dad, it would be a way for him to get out of reality and picture a world better than his.

While scanning for a new book Bright heard voices from the other side of the bookshelf. He was going to ignore it until the voices became a little louder.

"Win-" Bright froze by the name "Why can't you just give me a chance? I've known you for 2 years now and we've been great friends haven't we?"

Bright could tell who the other voice was, it was Mike, he was always by Wins side whenever Win would bully him. Mike was always there even if he wasn't bullying someone. He would be by Win's side like a leech.

Brights jaw clench, feeling jealousy creep into him.

"Mike, let's face it...we are not real friends. All you do is party and prank people. Plus, you barely know anything about me." Win concluded.

Bright heard Mike scoff

"That's because you never tell anyone anything about yourself" Mike argued