♐13

🌸
With you is where I'll rather be. . .but we're still where we are.
It's so hard. It's so hard.
This long distance is killing me. . .

~Brandy

_____________

Marching out of the elevator my rage only intensifies by the aura of the place. She is everywhere! Yet nowhere, all at the same time.

My anger redirects to myself when I realise the closer I get to Uche's location the more at ease I feel. To worsen the situation, the wind begins to blow a soft seductive tune.

If Anteros has a hand in this, he is seriously going to get a ear full when I retrieve my wife's locket!

Reaching the laundry room, my heart purrs in excitement and this only flares me up even more. If I allow myself to be controlled by this feeling I might just find myself in bed with that annoying human male!

He can't be Óshún, can he?

I am not against same sex romance but I am against this particularly annoying human boy being my beloved!

Zeus wouldn't allow this, would he?

Using my powers to push the emotion far behind my brain, I approach the two attendants closest to the door. "Excuse me, where can I find the young man, Uche?" I ask them cringing at the pain in my own voice.

That's the thing with using godly powers on earth, everything gets amplified. My sole purpose of using it is to control this powerful urge to run into Uche's arms the moment I sight him, but it is also amplifying all the emotions buried deep within me.

Something that could have been avoided if Óshún didn't leave me in the first place!

My anger flares up again and I know it's no longer about Uche or even the little diamond locket he took. I am angry towards Óshún. Why did you leave me?

The attendants shiver in fear, despite the vulnerability my voice passed across. They bow their heads in fear after pointing out the right direction to me and I leave them with a heavy heart.

I feel bad using my powers on them like that but I have no choice. Uche isn't Óshún! I can't let my weak heart lead me into a devious act!

Turning my head in the direction they showed me, the world stops.

I see her.

I see Óshún. My Óshún.

I know this is not an image conjured from my memory because she is in human form and that Uche boy is holding unto her. Prove that she really is here.

He is talking to her. But she is not responding. Her beautiful brown eyes stay glued to mine, refusing to look elsewhere. She is in a trance, just like me. Her presence has enslaved me, just like mine has enslaved her.

My anger washes away, followed slowly by the eternal pain her absence planted in my chest.

My legs develop a mind of it's own and gradually kills the distance between us. Her heart beat leading it, urging it closer.