Entrance Exam

8 years later

I could feel myself slowly waking up as I heard the loud alarm clock. I moved my hand onto the plastic clock, hitting every area until it eventually went off.

A deep groan escaped my mouth as I stretched my arms.

"I wonder if Mom is up...." I said, slowly getting out of bed. I walked sluggishly to the bathroom, grabbing my blue toothbrush out of the cup. I squirted some mint toothpaste on it, and began brushing my teeth. 

"Kiyotaka! Get ready for school!" A female voice called out to me. Specifically, my mother. Well not really my mother, but still technically my mother.

To give you a rundown, my so called "mom" is actually just a kind lady who took me in after finding me on the street. She's a cop, so she took me to the police station, yet there was no info on me from my past. Not even I can remember what happened to me. All I knew was my first name and last name.

Although a bit tough on the outside, she's still really nice once you get to know her, and cares a lot about kids.

Anyway, let's get back to what I was doing.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I brushed my teeth at blazing speeds, and rushed down the stairs.

"Careful! You might fall." She scolded.

"Sorry, sorry." I said, sitting at the dinner table.

"What are you cooking?"

"Just some simple eggs and bacon, I have work today." She said, flipping an egg. I could hear the satisfying sizzle as she pressed her spatula down on the bacon.

"Sounds good."

"What about you? Do you have your stuff for the entrance exam?" Mom said, finishing the bacon and eggs. She quickly placed the food on a plate, and brought it over to me.

"Yeah, I packed it last night."

"Good." She said, placing the plate in front of me. She then got a fork out of the cabinet, and handed it to me.

"You be safe, okay?" Mom said, kissing my forehead. I nodded, and dove into my food. Mom walked to the door, but paused before opening it.

"Don't forget to control yourself." She said, winking at me. I knew exactly what was happening.

While we're here, let me explain what's happening here.

In this world, 80% of the population has a quirk. 20% don't have a quirk, and therefore are called quirkless, and usually live normal lives.

Those with quirks however, can choose to become heroes, or villains.

I have a quirk, quite a lot of them actually. Initially, I only knew that I had a wind quirk. But eventually, we found out that I had a lot more than expected. We found this out suddenly during a trip to the mountains.

According to Mom, I went unconscious randomly, and suddenly just showed off a lot of quirks. I'm still figuring out how many I have, but I have control of all elements, as well as teleportation, super speed, strength, and energy manipulation.

The ones I haven't mastered only activate when I'm unconscious. But even then, I apparently still move around and do things. It's still something I'm trying to work out.

Today, are the entrance exams for ANHS, Advanced Nuturing High School For Heroes. I don't know where the last "FH" are, but we'll just ignore that for now. This school is the top place for any aspiring heroes to learn how to become heroes. The entrance exams are very difficult, and only 5% of students even make it in.