A Somewhat Weird Beginning

"...What type of question is that?" Hashira asked, confusingly.

"Oh yeah, I'm supposed to talk with you first. I'm not great at this kind of thing." Kamuro said, scratching the back of her head.

"Let's just restart. I'm Hashira, what's your name?"

"It's Kamuro, we go to the same school," she said, formerly introducing herself this time.

"Okay, that's better. Now can we talk about how you ended up in my house?" Kamuro asked.

"Well, I assume you know how your mom is a villain, so..."

"She took you, hostage?"

"Yep."

"..."

"...MOM!"

"What honey?" Nitro said, peeking out from the stairs.

"Can you let this guy go? He goes to my school, and I'd rather not be walking around with your hostage." Kamuro said, giving her poor mother a sharp glare.

"...Okay, he can go. Only 'cause you said so," Nitro said, shooing them away. Kamuro sighed and walked Kiyotaka out of their house.

"Sorry about that. My mom kind of just thinks on the fly. Can you please not tell anyone about this?" Kamuro begged.

"Yeah, I won't," Kiyotaka said, walking toward his house.

"See you at school, Kamuro."

Timeskip

Kiyotaka walked into his house, where his mother was looking at her phone frantically.

"I'm home!" Kiyotaka exclaimed, grabbing his mom's attention.

"Kiyotaka!" she yelled, wrapping him in a tight hug. "Where were you? I got a call at the station that you were kidnapped!"

"Yeah, I did. They let me go." Kiyotaka casually said, returning the hug.

"Well, that's nice to know. I'll make dinner soon, get some rest." Ai said, patting Kiyotaka's head. He walked up the stairs and closed the door behind him.

Ai grabbed her phone off of the counter and started looking through her contacts. She found the name "Fumiko" and pressed it.

[Hello?]

[Hey, Fumiko.]

[Oh, it's you Ai. How are you holding up?]

[Good, he came back safe.]

[That's great! I'll tell the chief-]

[Wait! Before you do...]

[Do you remember the guys you were talking about that were watching Kiyotaka?]

[Yeah, when do you want to work on keeping them away?]

[Now would be great. I don't know who kidnapped him, but I'm not losing him that easily.]

[Alright, I'll tell the chief. Anything else?]

[Nope, have a good day Fumiko.]

And with that, Ai hung up and began preparing dinner.

Timeskip

Kiyotaka woke up feeling groggy. He took a few minutes to stabilize himself and got up.

His mom was in the kitchen, cooking some breakfast.

"Good morning," she said, aggressively whipping some eggs.

"Today, eggs are on the menu!" Ai exclaimed, placing the food on the table.

"Looks good," Kiyotaka said, eating.

"I forgot to ask this, but how was the first day of school? Besides the kidnapping thing and all."

"Oh, pretty good. We had a test that I passed, and I even made a friend." Kiyotaka said, taking a bite out of his egg.

"Really? What's their name?" Ai asked, her interest peaked.

'Should I tell her about Kamuro? I made a promise...' Kiyotaka pondered.

'Ah, screw it. I'll just rephrase what happened.'

"Kamuro. She's pretty nice-"

"Wait, wait. SHE?"

"...Yes?"

"..."

"My baby boy is finally growing up..." Ai said, sniffling.

"Mom, we just met-"

"No need to explain. Just go out there and make me some grandkids!" She exclaimed.

"..."

Kiyotaka sighed heavily and went up to his room to get dressed.

Timeskip

Kiyotaka was now on his way to school, ready for another action-packed day.

As he made his way up the steps, he saw Kamuro waiting at the entrance. He waved at her, and she waved back.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" Kiyotaka asked.

"Waiting for you. That's what friends do, right?" Kamuro said, getting off of the wall.

"Yeah, I guess they do," Kiyotaka said, just now thinking about it. The newly formed duo started walking in the hallway, their shoes clicking against the floor.

"So, let's get to know each other a bit. Favorite color?" Kiyotaka asked.

"Teal."

"Hobbies?"

"Art, I want to get into music though,"

"What about you?" Kamuro asked.

"I like the color grey," Kiyotaka said, gaining a giggle from Kamuro.

"Wow, you're quite the edgy one, huh?"

"I'm not edgy! I just like the cool vibe of the color." He argued.

"Sure... anyway, what're your hobbies?" Kamuro asked.

"I enjoy playing piano, but I'd like to learn some more instruments later on."

"Ooh, is piano hard? A lot of my art friends say it is." Kamuro asked excitedly.

"Once you get it down it's easy, but at first it's very difficult," Kiyotaka answered. After their long conversation, they found themselves at Class-A.

"Well, this is my class. See you later." Kamuro said, waving as she walked into the classroom.

'That was pleasant.'

end

sheeeeeeeeesh

tell me if you liked that

-virginsenpai