Chapter 13

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING

"A dozen roses please." I said to the florist. He smiled and began to gather the deep red roses before neatly wrapping them.

I was on the way to see Lira, after all I did win the date. I still can't quite believe it, she was staying for a while longer. I couldn't help how I felt and last night was fucking perfect.

"Here you go. I'm sure she'll love them." The florist smiled warmly. I nodded and paid him, leaving a generous tip. "Thank you."

The day was bright, with the sun shining and soft clouds swam in the sky. I got into my car and closed the door. Sergio and Raf sat in seats opposite to me in the SUV.

"Flowers?" Raf furrowed his brows at me. "Yes flowers. Haven't you ever brought a girl flowers?" I asked him. He opened and closed his mouth. "You should you fucking idiot." I shook my head at him. 

I couldn't fucking wait to pick up Lira. I made sure to brush my hair neatly and I wore a classic suit. Raf was also somewhat presentable in his suit.

The car stopped at the hotel Lira was staying at. I could not see her but then again she liked to play games and maybe she was making me wait.

As if on cue, I saw her appear from the front door. Fucking hell. She wore a tight sleeveless top with some dark jeans. Her hair was in a ponytail and she wore little makeup. She smiled when she saw the car, the windows were tinted so she could not see inside.

She opened the car door and her lips tugged into a small smile when she saw me. She took a seat and her subtle perfume filled the air. "Enzo. Raphael." She said as she got comfortable. "Hi." I smiled at her. I noticed Raf was being quieter than usual but I did not care at this moment.

"These are for you." I said as I handed Lira the flowers. She smiled while looking down at them. "They're beautiful. Thank you." I'm sure I saw her blush slightly.

"So why a racetrack Lira?" Raf asked with furrowed brows as he leaned back casually. "Because I love racing..and I want to beat Cal. I know he's good but I'm better." She replied.

"Enzo races but he has never beaten Cal." Raf said. Fucking idiot. Why must he embarrass me in front of Lira. She smiled, her beautiful dimples appearing on her cheeks. "Well I guess I'll have to teach you how to race shaka." She said to me.

"I'll need a lot of lessons kurvë."  I smiled at her. Raf looked utterly bewildered as he looked between us both. That's right, he did not know Albanian. He shrugged it off and pulled out his phone.

"So exactly how excited are you today Enzo?" Lira asked as she looked at me. I couldn't help but feel as if I was on clouds whenever she looked at me. She was just so fucking beautiful without even trying. "Very excited." I admitted.

She hummed. "I like a man who tells the truth. It's fucking hot." She grinned. Raf scoffed as if to remind us that he was still in the car with us.

"Well I always speak the truth." I smiled unable to hide my feelings. Raf scoffed once more and sniggered quietly. Lira bit her lip and shook her head. "Find something funny Raphael?" She asked him.

"Oh no please continue. I want to hear more." He grinned. "Vaffanculo idiota. Cos'hai che non va? (Fuck off you idiot. What's wrong with you?)" I growled at him in Italian. He rolled his eyes and went back on his phone.

"Fine. I don't always tell the truth. I don't even play by the rules." I said truthfully. "That's refreshing to hear. I am the same." Lira said as she looked down at the flowers.