Chapter Twenty Six: Group date

Chapter twenty six.

Blair stared at the piece of paper in front of her zoning out once again. She felt a sharp pinch to her arm and glared at Hailey who was sitting next to her. Both girls had a practice exam they had gotten from their teacher and were timing themselves in preparation. Usually Blair would be all over this idea, anything extra she could do to prepare. But for some reason today she just couldn't concentrate. She still had the whole beach holiday antics playing in her mind and couldn't seem to shake them.

'Snap out of it B,' Hailey sighed and stopped the timer they had sitting between them. 'Is this how you're going to be in the exam?'

Blair sighed and shook her head, 'No of course not. I just need a break.'

She couldn't believe how much had changed in the last four days. At the start of the holiday she'd been happily with Dean, hated Lacy and Cade's guts and was looking forward to a nice break before exams started.

Now her and Dean haven't spoken since the trip, she was friends with Lacy, her and Cade were doing some sort of ignoring each other dance around the house and she didn't feel ready for the exams at all.

Blair groaned into her hands at the mere thought.

'Is this about Dean? You never told me what happened after. You guys just suddenly stopped seeing each other,' Hailey asked curiously.

'I told him how Cade kissed me in the kitchen, remember the night Dean and I kind of made up?'

Hailey winced, 'Ouch, he was mad then I take it?'

'No, that's the worst part,' Blair sighed. 'He kind of nodded his head just accepting the news. Then he asked me if I had feelings for Cade...'

Hailey's mouth fell open, 'What did you say?'

'I said I didn't know. That I used to, even though we were only really casual and not ever in a relationship. But he was a bit of an asshole and I knew I couldn't be with him properly.'

Hailey smiled sadly, 'Oh honey that sucks. So what did Dean say?'

'He said that he likes me and he had fun but we want different things and we should stop seeing each other,' Blair got a little bit teary remembering the conversation. At the time she had welled up considerably and Dean had even smiled and picked her up in a bear hug, even chuckled a little at her.

'Don't you dare cry,' he laughed and squeezed her tightly. 'I'm the one who should cry missy!'

'S-sorry,' she stammered. 'You're just the perfect guy, I don't deserve you.'

'Oh shut up,' he replied with a wink. 'We'll stay friends. We kind of have to because our best friends are dating each other. We'll see each other around, and who knows maybe it's just timing?'

Hailey smiled wistfully, 'He was even nice to break up with, gosh Blair he is one in a million.'

'I know, what the fuck have I done?' She was panicking.

'Don't doubt yourself now sweetie,' Hailey advised backtracking quickly. 'If you weren't feeling it that's not your fault. He's right it could have been timing, or you weren't ready for a boyfriend...' Hailey trailed off and hid a smile. 'Or simply you want to have sex with Cade again.'

Blair's frown immediately disappeared and she let slip a giggle, hitting Hailey playfully in the arm, 'Oh shut up!' Then she frowned, 'We haven't spoken since the kitchen incident either.'

'He's barely left his room though, I don't think anyone's talked to him much the last few days anyway,' Hailey pointed out.

Blair shrugged and stood up from the table, 'I'm going to have a break. You should keep going with the exam you were on a roll and I don't want to bring you down with me when I fail everything.'